RICHMOND, Va., April 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Genworth Mortgage Insurance, an operating segment of Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE : GNW ), today announced an enhanced integration with Ellie Mae's Encompass® digital mortgage solution to include new functionality for contract underwriting services. The enhancement allows lenders to submit loan applications directly through the Encompass interface for contract underwriting with or without mortgage insurance, adding a new offering for customers who use both the Genworth and Encompass solutions*.
"Integrating contract underwriting into the Genworth-Encompass workflow expands our multi-solution offering and extends our expertise in another key area to all our customer segments," said Erika Martin, Director, Customer Experience and Segment Marketing, Genworth Mortgage Insurance. "This expanded partnership, against the backdrop of our best-in-class underwriting capabilities, advances our goal of driving innovation to facilitate homeownership opportunities for new and existing homeowners."
Additional features from the integration include:
- Ease of use for lenders, further supporting our customers' use of contract underwriting to reduce origination cost and support underwriting capacity needs
- Ability to order contract underwriting and upload associated documents while staying within Encompass
- Mortgage insurance commitments and contract underwriting decisions provided through Encompass as downloadable PDF files
- Submission of loans for contract underwriting with or without mortgage insurance
The announcement complements Genworth's continued focus on adding value in its priority areas of underwriting and technology to improve the customer experience.
Underwriting – Genworth continues to be recognized within the mortgage insurance industry as having best-in-class underwriting services according to a blind, third-party survey polling both customers and non-customers. Genworth's underwriting division is comprised of 154 employees, with an average of 20+ years of industry experience.
Technology – The Encompass integration enhancement is the latest in a series of initiatives that leverage technology to improve the underwriting process:
- In 2015, Genworth launched a new enhancement to its integration with Ellie Mae's Encompass solution in response to growing demand for streamlined full package underwriting, which allowed lenders to submit loans for full package (non-delegated) mortgage insurance (MI) underwriting to Genworth, plus order delegated MI and run rate quotes, without leaving Encompass.
- In 2016, Genworth launched "GENie", an underwriting platform that automates manual underwriting processes such as document classification, data extraction, loan routing/assignment, and performance management, eliminating the need for underwriters to interface with multiple systems.
- In 2017, Genworth launched a new website, new.mi.genworth.com, that allows loan officers, underwriters, processors and other lending professionals to visually track every part of the mortgage insurance application process through close.
"Genworth's technological ecosystem has meaningfully improved to where all of the individual technology-oriented solutions that have been created over the years are increasingly compatible with each other," said George Reichert, Chief Information Officer, Genworth Mortgage Insurance. "We view this as a tremendous positive in our efforts to drive innovation."
About Genworth Financial
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE : GNW ) is a Fortune 500 insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of homeownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871 and became a public company in 2004. For more information, visit genworth.com.
From time to time, Genworth releases important information via postings on its corporate website. Accordingly, investors and other interested parties are encouraged to enroll to receive automatic email alerts and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds regarding new postings. Enrollment information is found under the "Investors" section of genworth.com. From time to time, Genworth's publicly traded subsidiaries, Genworth MI Canada Inc. and Genworth Mortgage Insurance Australia Limited, separately release financial and other information about their operations. This information can be found at http://genworth.ca and http://www.genworth.com.au.
*Contract underwriting services are provided by an affiliate, Genworth Financial Services, Inc.
Ellie Mae® and Encompass® are registered trademarks of Ellie Mae, Inc.
SOURCE Genworth Financial, Inc.