NEW YORK, Oct. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SPRI, the leading manufacturer and distributor of exercise products, announced today its extension into fitness media with its new Ignite by SPRI at-home workout series. Capitalizing on the high-intensity interval training (HIIT) craze (currently the No.1 fitness trend), the new fitness programs feature intense workouts designed by two high-profile trainers – "The Biggest Loser" Season 11's Brett Hoebel and celebrity personal trainer Ashley Borden.
A franchise of the SPRI brand, Ignite by SPRI launched its new line of home-gym exercise products earlier this year at Target. HI-INTENSITY: The Ultimate Body-Weight Training Workout featuring Brett Hoebel and 900 Calorie Burn: The Ultimate High Intensity Training Workout featuring Ashley Borden each offers four different 25-minute high intensity workouts, featuring rigorous exercises and powerful movements that will build muscle, burn fat, and tone the entire body.
"There's a reason HIIT is the number one fitness trend," said Greg Niederlander, Director of Programming at SPRI. "It boasts large calorie expenditure in a short amount of time - perfect for today's busy lifestyles. Not only do the Ignite by SPRI programs offer highly effective workouts, you also get access to two high-profile trainers in the comfort of your home."
In HI-INTENSITY Brett Hoebel, founder for Hoebel Fitness and trainer on "The Biggest Loser" Season 11, offers simple, yet effective workouts that build muscles and melt fat by using one's own body weight. A sought after weight-loss, nutrition, and motivation coach with a body-mind approach, Hoebel offers a series of dynamic, high-intensity routines that can be done separately or together. Brett also adds in modifications along the way to increase or decrease the intensity level.
- HIIT Intense (25 minutes) – A bodyweight only routine that moves from push-ups to sit-ups to tire runs, increasing in number in the last cycle.
- HIIT It With Weights (25 Minutes) – A challenging workout using extra resistance by adding a dumbbell to the routine consisting of rowing, planking, or squatting.
- HIIT 30/30 (25 Minutes) – A 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off interval workout featuring heart-pumping movements such as mountain climbers, punches, and push-ups.
- Abs & Booty Burn (25 Minutes) – A routine featuring four rounds of powerful exercises including Superman sit-ups and crawling planks designed to flatten stomachs and tighten butts.
Designed to blast calories, 900 Calorie Burn features fitness and lifestyle consultant Ashley Borden. Having worked with Hollywood celebrities such as Ryan Gosling and Christina Aguilera, along with world-class athletes, Ashley offers the most effective ways to burn calories in a short amount of time. With four intense workouts in total – three routines that each target a specific area of the body and a fourth designed to work out the whole body – Ashley provides modifications along the way. The title features:
- Upper Body HIIT (25 Minutes) – A two-station routine with three intense exercises targeting the upper body.
- Lower Body HIIT (25 Minutes) – A workout targeting lower body muscles with challenging lunges, planks, squats, and Tabata training.
- Hard Core HIIT (25 Minutes) – A three-section workout designed to flatten stomachs with ab exercises featuring planks, bridges, and butterfly sit-ups.
- Head-to-Toe HIIT (25 Minutes) – A HIIT sequence featuring a variety of movements that will tone and burn fat all over in just one session.
The Ignite by SPRI programs each have a run time of approximately 100 minutes. The DVDs are available for pre-order now on Amazon.com with an SRP of $14.98. 900 Calorie Burn DVD is available now at all Target stores. Both programs will be available digitally on iTunes starting Dec. 1.
For more than 30 years, SPRI Products, Inc. (a GAIAM company), has been the leading distributor of rubberized resistance exercise products, fitness accessories and exercise education programs to the health and fitness industry. SPRI is dedicated to providing professional fitness solutions to a wide distribution network including health clubs, national retailers, fitness professionals and health-minded consumers through catalog sales, E-commerce, and thousands of sales outlets nationwide. The company is headquartered in Libertyville, IL. For more information, visit www.spri.com.
About Brett Hoebel:
Brett is the founder of Hoebel Fitness and trainer on NBC's The Biggest Loser Season 11. A sought-after weight-loss, nutrition and motivation coach, Brett's integrative philosophy and body-mind approach come from his diverse experience in Eastern and Western disciplines, including his martial arts training in capoeira and Muay Thai kickboxing, as well as his educational background in functional strength training, nutrition, yoga and holistic health.
About Ashley Borden:
Ashley Borden is an LA-based fitness expert and author who trains top celebrities, world-class athletes, fellow trainers and coaches. Ashley's ability to customize dynamic training programs, coupled with her sharp wit and candor, suits many types of high profile clients including Christina Aguilera, Natasha Bedingfield and Ryan Gosling. Borden's tips and techniques have been widely featured in the press both nationally and internationally.
Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/155373-IgniteBySPRIHi-Intensity_Trailer_H264.mp4
Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/155372-IgniteBySPRI900CalorieBurn_Trailer_H264.mp4
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141029/155362