MIAMI, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, announced tips today to help individuals and families looking to travel late summer and over the busy Labor Day weekend. For 2012, Labor Day falls on Monday, September 3rd.
Despite the perception that the day before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, in fact Fridays in the summer are always listed as having the most airline passengers every year. These busy conditions are heightened over Labor Day which marks the last summer weather three-day getaway opportunity for travelers. Getaroom shares some expert tips for travelers who want to get out of town without breaking the bank or pulling out their hair:
- Top destinations now are Orlando, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Myrtle Beach, Atlantic City, New York, Miami, and Washington D.C. Get the best deal by booking early.
- Use Getaroom.com's Unpublished Rate program to secure bargains that simply cannot be found anywhere else – typically 10-20% off the lowest online rate
- Las Vegas is very hot in late August and September, but it can be incredibly cheap. Book deluxe suites for as low as $75 a night.
- Stay the Monday night of Labor Day to get a great deal in most markets.
- Orlando and Myrtle Beach hotel rates drop in late August - take advantage of late summer deals. South Beach is on sale over Labor Day. Book hotels such as the Chelsea through Getaroom and enjoy free airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, free happy hour and other amenities.
- If driving to your Labor Day destination, consider leaving late Thursday night to avoid Friday's considerable traffic.
- When traveling with kids in the car, make sure you give them cold drinks or popsicles to beat the heat and charge the iPads, iPods, and other electronics the night before.
- Book a great rate and enjoy a bread bowl at Fisherman's Wharf and ride the cable cars in San Francisco – rates are lower for Labor Day weekend.
"Labor Day and late summer are very busy times for travel, but that doesn't mean travelers shouldn't still get out of town," said Robert B. Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. "By planning ahead and using a great service such as Getaroom, vacationers can actually relax over Labor Day knowing they saved money with a great deal."
For more information about Getaroom.com's hotel stay summer bargains, visit www.getaroom.com.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.