NEW YORK, Feb. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The telecom services revenue in Ghana is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in mobile data revenue. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment until 2019. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment in the telecom market and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.3% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by operators' investments in 3G and 4G network coverage and attractive data bundles offered by telcos. Going forward, operators look to invest in 3G/4G network upgradation, extend coverage and fiber-optic network deployments to improve and extend broadband connectivity in the country, which will provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Ghana will grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in the mobile data segment.
- Mobile revenue will account for 97.0% of the total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will be the fastest growing segment and will grow at a CAGR of 16.3% over the forecast period 2016-2021.
- 2G will be the most adopted mobile technology through 2021. However, its share in overall mobile subscriber base will decline over the forecast period 2016-2021, owing to rising adoption of 3G and 4G services over the coming years.
- The top two operators, MTN Ghana and Vodafone Ghana, will account for 76.7% share of overall service revenue in 2016, owing to strong 3G and 4G network coverage. We expect competition to intensify further as operators focus on competitive pricing plans and service innovation to further increase their market share.
- Operators will continue to focus on investments in 3G network expansion and launch of 4G services, fiber deployments to increase connectivity and cater to the rising data demand.
Ghana: Launch of 4G and Expansion of Fiber Network to Support Telecom Growth" is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ghana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Ghana compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ghana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Ghana telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ghana's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ghana's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ghana's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ghana.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04689921-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ghana-the-launch-of-4g-and-expansion-of-fiber-network-will-support-telecom-growth-300405242.html