SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- GIGABYTE Technology (TWSE: 2376), a leading vendor of high performance server hardware, today announced that it has selected Cavium's (NASDAQ: CAVM), QLogic FastLinQ 10GbE and 25GbE Ethernet adapters and controllers for adoption across a broad portfolio of servers and differing form factors. These controllers support a comprehensive set of virtualization, Universal RDMA and multi-tenant services, enabling GIGABYTE server solutions to deliver higher performance options for the most sophisticated data centers, telcos and cloud providers.
"GIGABYTE servers - across standard, Open Compute Platform (OCP) and rack scale form factors - deliver exceptional value, performance and scalability for multi-tenant cloud and virtualized enterprise datacenters," said Etay Lee, GM of GIGABYTE Technology's Server Division. "The addition of QLogic 10GbE and 25GbE FastLinQ Ethernet NICs in OCP and Standard form factors will enable delivery on all of the tenets of open standards, while enabling key virtualization technologies like SR-IOV and full offloads for overlay networks using VxLAN, NVGRE and GENEVE."
"QLogic 10GbE/25GbE Ethernet NICs, with Universal RDMA are designed to accelerate access to networking and storage while using a general purpose network," said Rajneesh Gaur. "Integration on GIGABYTE motherboards and servers will provide customers with an innovative solution delivering flexibility in choice of RDMA and cost savings for next generation Cloud, Web2.0 and Telco Data centers."
Purpose built for accelerating and simplifying datacenter networking, QLogic FastLinQ Ethernet technology in GIGABYTE servers delivers:
- Broad Spectrum of Ethernet Connectivity Speeds – 10/25GbE to host the most demanding enterprise, telco and cloud applications and deliver scalability to drive business growth.
- Universal RDMA – Industry's only network adapter that delivers customers technology choices and investment protection with concurrent support for RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP.
- Network Virtualization Offloads – Acceleration for Network Virtualization by offloading protocol processing for VxLAN, NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE, enabling customers to build and scale virtualized networks without impacting network performance.
- Server Virtualization – Optimize infrastructure costs and increase virtual machine density by leveraging in-built technologies like SR-IOV and NIC Partitioning (NPAR) that deliver acceleration and QoS for workloads and infrastructure traffic.
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Leading small packet performance up to 100GbE Ethernet connectivity, and integration with DPDK and OpenStack, enables Telco's and NFV application vendors to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding NFV workloads.
- OpenStack Integration: Cavium QLogic technologies, such as the Plug-in for Mirantis® Fuel for automatic SR-IOV configuration across multiple OpenStack nodes, QConvergeConsole™ driven physical, and logical topology maps and functionality to deliver QoS for tenant workloads, are the key integration areas that enable hyperscale deployments with OpenStack.
QLogic 10/25GbE FastLinQ Ethernet NIC technology – in both Standard and OCP form factors – is planned to be available on GIGABYTE high performance server hardware starting Q1, 2017.
About GIGABYTE Technology Co., Ltd.
GIGABYTE is a leading global IT brand, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since become an industry leader in the world's motherboard and graphics card markets. Drawing from its vast R&D and manufacturing capacities and know-how, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include network communication devices, servers and storage, with a goal of serving each facet of the digital life in homes and offices. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with innovative technology, exceptional quality, and unmatched customer service.
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 1Gbps to 100Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Data Center, Broadband/Consumer, Mobile and Service Provider Equipment, highly programmable switches which scale to 3.2Tbps and Ethernet and Fibre Channel adapters up to 100Gbps. Cavium processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tools and application support, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, China and Taiwan
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gigabyte-selects-cavium-qlogic-1025gbe-fastlinq-technology-to-power-its-next-generation-servers-300394523.html
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.