CHICAGO, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PTel Mobile, one of the pioneers in no-contract wireless, launches GIV Mobile today, the first consumer conscious no-contract mobile service that is dedicated to donating 8% of monthly "Unlimited Everything" plans to a non-profit charity of the customer's choice such as the Alzheimer's Association®, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, American Red Cross, United Way Worldwide, Scholarship America, and more. GIV Mobile utilizes the 4G network of T-Mobile USA, Inc., allowing users to have fast and reliable connections from nearly anywhere in the U.S.
In the United States, nearly everybody has a cell phone. "Wireless communication is an essential part of everyday life and GIV Mobile allows members to effortlessly contribute to their favorite charities just by using their mobile phone," says Omar Abhari, SVP Operations at GIV Mobile. "GIV Mobile collaborates with extraordinary charities to create a community engaged and dedicated to answering the call and giving back."
"The Alzheimer's Association appreciates the generous support of GIV Mobile through their presenting sponsorship of Hilarity for Charity and by providing their customers the opportunity to donate to our cause," said Angela Geiger, chief strategy officer, Alzheimer's Association. "With five million people living with Alzheimer's disease, the added funds from GIV Mobile are important and will support critical Alzheimer's Association care, support and research programs."
With GIV Mobile, customers may choose from two affordable no-contract plans to use with a GIV Mobile phone or their own unlocked, GSM phone:
- $40/month Unlimited Everything - talk, text, MMS, International text and web (first 250MB up to 4G/3G speeds) on all 4G enabled phones and smartphones.
- $50/month Unlimited Everything - talk, text, MMS, International text and web (first 2GB up to 4G/3G speeds) on all 4G enabled phones and smartphones.
After choosing a plan, customers are able to select up to three charities from eight different categories that will receive a monthly donation. Charities include:
- Animal Welfare: American Veterinary Medical Foundation, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, PetSmart Charities, WCS Wildlife Conservation Society
- Arts, Culture & Humanity: The Academy of Natural Sciences, Archaeological Conservancy, Fractured Atlas, Little Kids Rock, StoryCorps
- Education: Children's Scholarship Fund, Donors Choose, Kids in Need Foundation, Scholarship America
- Environment: American Rivers, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, The Wilderness Society
- Health: Alzheimer's Association, American Cancer Society, Commonweal, Patient Services Incorporated, St Jude Children's Research Hospital
- International: Camfed USA, Doctors Without Borders, Direct Relief International, United States Fund for UNICEF
- Human Services: American Red Cross, The Children's Aid Society, Dress for Success, Feeding America, National Alliance to End Homelessness, Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Public Benefit: American Endowment Foundation, Carnegie Institution for Science, Mercy Housing, Taproot Foundation, United Way Worldwide
On a bi-annual basis, GIV Mobile will have a period of open submissions during which members can nominate new organizations for inclusion. Then, members can vote to decide which new charity will be added to GIV Mobile's service.
"It's great to see one of our valued partners using wireless technology built on our network for charitable purposes," said Doug Chartier, senior vice president for T-Mobile, USA, Inc. "PTel is a true innovator, and GIV Mobile is a fantastic example of that."
GIV Mobile wireless service will be exclusively available at www.givmobile.com . Consumers can sign up now to "Answer the Call" and start supporting their favorite charity while talking on one of the nation's largest and fastest 4G networks.
About PTEL Mobile
Based in Chicago, PTel Mobile is one of the original no-contract wireless companies in the United States and has been serving its customers since 2001. As a true pioneer in no-contract wireless, PTel Mobile was the first in the industry to introduce online activations and payments and continues to offer the most competitive rates with their Unlimited Everything plans starting at $40/month. PTel Mobile leverages the fast and dependable nationwide 4G network of T-Mobile USA, Inc., which reaches approximately 96% of Americans. Customers value and benefit from PTel Mobile's 100% U.S.-based, live and highly-trained customer service specialists. For more information, visit www.ptel.com. PTel is the creator of GIV Mobile, the first consumer conscious, no-contract service dedicated to giving 8% of a monthly Unlimited Everything Plan (starting at $40/month) to a customer's charity of choice. For more information, visit www.givmobile.com.
SOURCE PTel Mobile