DUBLIN, April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Pharmacogenomics Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2014 to 2024" report to their offering.
The global pharmacogenomics market was valued at US$ 7,167.6 Mn in 2015, and is expected to reach US$ 11,938.8 Mn by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2016 to 2024.
The global pharmacogenomics market is segmented based on technology type as microarray, sequencing, polymerase chain reaction and other technologies. Sequencing dominates the market, especially with the advent of next generation sequencing attributed by high throughput screening, high accuracy and speed.
Scope of the Report
- Sanger Sequencing
- Next-Generation Sequencing
Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Mass Spectrometry
The global pharmacogenomics market is further segmented in terms of therapeutic application such as oncology, cardiology, psychiatry, infectious diseases, pain management, neurological disorders and others. Among these, oncology segment dominates the therapeutic market followed by psychiatry and infectious diseases.
Currently, North America occupies the largest revenue share for global pharmacogenomics market, largely dominated by the U.S. Major growth drivers of North America market are presence of extensive and evolved healthcare infrastructure, increasing preference for better, cost effective and personalized therapeutics for various diseases and infections. Asia Pacific is expected to be the most attractive regional market and is anticipated to witness extensive growth during the forecast period.
Key Market Movements:
- Focus on personalized medicine emphasizing on the paradigm shift in medicine from reaction to prevention. Able to design unique disease prevention strategies, prescribe more effective drugs and reduce the ADR's, enhance quality of life, increase patient compliance.
- Recently, pharmacogenomics have being extensively used in drug development. It is used at various stages of drug development assessing and identifying effect of drug target polymorphisms on drug response.
- Discovery of new biological mechanisms and identification of molecules with improved efficacy and safety
- Rise in investment in research and development
- Advancement in technology pharmacogenomics engineering to create in vivo environment
- Lack of consistency in pharmacogenomics products
- Focus on regenerative medicine
- Increased awareness of organ transplantation
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview and Future Outlook
4. Global Pharmacogenomics Market, By Technology, 2014 - 2024 (US$)
5. Global Pharmacogenomics Market, By Application, 2014 - 2024 (US$)
6. Global Pharmacogenomics Market, By Geography, 2014 - 2024 (US$)
7. Company Profiles
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Assurex Health
- Bayer AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc
- Myriad Genetics, Inc
- Merck & Co
- GE Healthcare
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Pathway Genomics
- Qiagen, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Transgenomic, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g65nsk/global
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-1193-billion-pharmacogenomics-market-2014-2017--2024---research-and-markets-300442497.html
SOURCE Research and Markets