DUBLIN, April 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Mobile Wallet and Payment Technologies: Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global mobile wallet and payment technology market was valued at $27.9 billion in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.1% to reach $138.4 billion by 2023 due to rapid growth of the e-commerce industry, the growing impact of social media and the increasing penetration of smartphones.
The rapid extension of the e-commerce industry is one of the major factors driving market growth. In recent years, more than half of the world's internet traffic has come from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and PCs. The major reason for the rising demand and growth of the e-commerce industry is the convenience offered by mobile wallet and payment gateways. However, slower adoption of contactless payments, fraud, and risk of breach are expected to hinder the growth of this market.
The scope of this study includes market information on mobile wallet and payment technologies and their key segments, including applications, modes of payment, stakeholders and regions. However, the scope of the mobile wallet market excludes online payments methods such as IMPS, NEFT and RTGS that are followed in banks; payments through debit or credit cards (electronic fund transfers at the point of sales); and online trading. The mobile wallet includes only payments made through exclusive service providers using a personalized mobile wallet account.
By application, the mobile wallet and payment technology market is segmented into mobile commerce (mobile shopping, mobile bill payments, hospitality, and mobile entertainment and event pay), mobile ticketing (such as tickets and boarding passes for trains, buses, other metro transit options and airplanes), mobile coupon, mobile transfer, mobile micropayment and others.
The market by mode of payment includes remote payment, which includes SMS and unstructured supplementary service data, and near-field communication (NFC), which includes NFC handsets, NFC chips and tags, NFC readers, NFC micro SD and NFC SIM/universal integrated circuit [UICC] cards.
In addition, the mobile wallet and payment technology market is segmented by stakeholders, including mobile network operators, handset and other hardware solution manufacturers, mobile payment networks and banks, operational support system (OSS) and business support system (BSS) solution providers, software developers and cloud computing, content and application aggregators, trusted service managers and other stakeholders.
The study undertakes an in-depth analysis of various market segments, and their revenue forecasts are given for all of the above-mentioned segments in the mobile wallet and payment technology market with estimated values derived from vendors' total revenue. Market estimates are provided for 2017 and 2018 and forecast for 2023.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across each regional market. Further, it explains the major drivers, restraints and challenges, and technologies of the market. The report concludes with a special focus on patents and the vendor landscape, which includes detailed profiles of major vendors in the global mobile wallet and payment technology market.
Some of the companies profiled in the report include Alphabet Inc., PayPal Holding Inc., Paytm Mobile Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Visa Inc., Apple Inc., Google, Mastercard, Alibaba Group and Samsung Electronics. Co. Ltd.
The Report Includes:
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information on key segments of mobile wallet and payment technologies including application, mode of payment, and region
- Description of components of mobile payment and infrastructure status for NFC (near-field communication)
- Snapshot of mobile wallet procurement systems and life cycle management
- Insights of legislation and regulations related to the industry
- Profiles of major companies of the industry including, American Express, Citigroup Inc., Fidelity National Information Services Inc., Mastercard, and Visa Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Market Overview
- Advantages of Mobile Wallets
- Components of Mobile Payment
- Premium SMS-Based Transactional Payments
- Direct Mobile Billing
- Mobile Web Payments
- Contactless Near-Field Communication
- Direct Carrier Bank Cooperation
- Infrastructure Status for Near-Field Communication POS
- NFC/Contactless Reader Terminals
- Terminals for Payment
- Systems for POS
- NFC and Europay, Mastercard and Visa
- Mobile Wallet Procurement Systems and Life Cycle Management
- Secured Financial Data
- Secured Account Information and Payment App
- Mobile Wallet Payment Framework
- Proximity Payment
- Remote Payment
- Adoption Consideration
- Bank-Centric Model
- Nonbank-Centric Model
- Others: Cloud Payment Initiated Via Mobile Phones
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints and Challenges
- Legislation and Regulation
- United States
- Regulatory Challenges of Mobile Payments
- Value Chain Analysis
Chapter 4 Supporting Equipment and Technology Overview
- Supporting Equipment and Technology Overview: RFID, Smartphones and 4G Technology
- Payment by Mobile Phones
- 4G Technology
- Other Issues with Wireless Technology
- Technology by Consumer and Merchant
- Consumer Technology
- Merchant Technology
- Technologies for Mobile-Client Devices and Issues
- Infrastructure for Communication and Issues
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Technologies
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
- Mobile Commerce
- Mobile Shopping
- Bill Payments
- Entertainment and Events
- Mobile Ticketing
- Airline Tickets and Boarding Passes
- Rail, Metro and Bus Tickets
- Money Transfer
- Mobile Coupon
- Mobile Micropayments
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Mode of Payment
- Remote Payment
- Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD)
- Near-Field Communication (NFC)
- Devices that Supports NFC Payments
- NFC Handset
- NFC Reader
- NFC Chips and Tags
- NFC Micro SD
- NFC SIM/UICC Cards
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Stakeholders
- Mobile Network Operators
- Handset and Other Hardware Solution Manufacturers
- Mobile Payment Networks and Banks
- Operational Support System or Business Support System Solution Providers
- Product Management
- Customer Management
- Revenue Management
- Order Management
- Software Developers and Cloud Computing
- Software Developers
- Cloud Computing
- Content and Application Aggregators
- Trusted Service Manager
- Other Stakeholders
- Value-Added Service Providers
Chapter 9 Competitive Analysis
- Strategy Analysis
- Product Launches and Upgrades
- Agreements, Partnerships and Collaborations
- Product Expansion
Chapter 10 Patent Analysis
- Patents by Company
- U.S. Mobile Wallet Patents
- European Mobile Wallet Patents
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- Ant Financial Services Group
- Alphabet Inc. (Google)
- American Express
- Apple Inc.
- Bharati Airtel Ltd.
- Blackberry Ltd.
- Citigroup Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom Ag
- Fidelity National Information Services Inc.
- First Data Corp.
- Paypal Holdings Inc.
- One97 Communications Ltd.
- One Mobikwik Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Sprint Corp.
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Visa Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zp6dm4/global_138_4?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets