DUBLIN, July 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Cell And Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Therapy Type, by Scale (R&D, Commercial), by Mode, by Workflow (Vector Production, Cell Banking), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global cell and gene therapy manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 57.4 billion by 2028.
The market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 20.3% from 2021 to 2028. An exponential rise in clinical pipeline coupled with a rising number of regulatory approvals for advanced therapies has majorly driven the market.
Considering promising growth opportunities in contract development of cellular and gene-modified therapies, market participants are making focused efforts to boost their market presence.
Also, bio manufacturers are signing strategic alliances with contract manufacturers to accelerate the R&D of their candidate programs. Rising demand for CMOs/CDMOs services has led to the entry of several new players as well as expansion of product development capabilities, thereby positively impacting market revenue.
Several novel methods are being introduced to advance cell and gene therapy manufacturing. For instance, the manufacturers are exploring the potential of single-use technology in production workflows.
This technique is gaining increasing attention in this arena to speed the development process while reducing the overall cost and production timeline. Such technological advancements in space are anticipated to bolster market growth in the coming years.
Cell And Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market Report Highlights
- The cell therapy manufacturing segment dominated the market in 2020 in terms of revenue
- A high number of ongoing clinical trials of cell therapies to address the robust need for effective treatment against COVID-19 infection has resulted in segment growth
- A high number of candidate molecules in the pre-commercial scale stage has contributed to the largest revenue share of the segment in 2020
- On the other hand, the recent success of CAR-T therapies supplements the growth of the commercial-scale manufacturing segment
- The contract manufacturing segment is expected to witness lucrative growth during the forecast period as a substantial number of bio manufacturers are turning to CMOs for efficient and rapid product development
- Ongoing pandemic has accelerated the global investments in the R&D of viral vector-based vaccines, creating lucrative opportunities in the vector production segment
- North America dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2020 owing to the strong research as well as a commercial base for cell and gene therapy products in the U.S.
- U.S. is leading the CAR-T and gene therapy space with the highest number of approved products, thus positively influencing market growth in the region
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate throughout the forecast period
- Constantly evolving viral vector production and CDMO landscapes through plant expansions and new sites are spurring the market in this region
- The key players are engaged in collaboration with biopharma developers to support their product development process
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Parent Market Lineage
3.3 Ancillary Market Lineage
3.4 Market Dynamics
3.4.1 Market Drivers Analysis
22.214.171.124 Growing Pipeline Of Cell and Gene Therapy
126.96.36.199 Supportive Regulatory Bodies
188.8.131.52 Increase In Investment By Government and Private Players
3.4.2 Market Restraint Analysis
184.108.40.206 Technological Challenges Associated With Manufacturing
220.127.116.11 High Cost Of Manufacturing
3.4.3 Market Opportunity Analysis
18.104.22.168 Rising Pressure On Drug Developers/Manufacturers To Meet The Growing Market Demand
22.214.171.124 Expansion In Potential Markets Such As Asia Pacific and Latin America
3.4.4 Market Challenge Analysis
126.96.36.199 Lack Of Manufacturing Capacity
3.5 Swot Analysis; By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic and Technological)
3.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.7 Major Deals and Strategic Alliances Analysis
3.8 Covid-19 Impact Analysis
Chapter 4 Competitive Analysis
4.1 Recent Developments and Impact Analysis By Key Market Participants
4.2 Company Mapping, By Location, Purpose, Scale Of Operation, Source Of Cell, Regulatory Compliant
4.3 List Of Potential End Users
4.4 List Of Emerging Players
4.5 Market Differentiators
4.6 Competitive Dashboard Analysis
4.7 Regional Network Map
Chapter 5 Therapy Type Business Analysis
5.1 Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market: Therapy Type Movement Analysis
5.2 Cell Therapy Manufacturing
5.2.2 Stem Cell Therapy
5.2.3 Non-Stem Cell Therapy
5.3 Gene Therapy Manufacturing
Chapter 6 Scale Business Analysis
6.1 Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market: Scale Movement Analysis
6.2 Pre-Commercial/R&D Scale Manufacturing
6.3 Commercial Scale Manufacturing
Chapter 7 Mode Business Analysis
7.1 Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market: Mode Movement Analysis
7.2 Contract Manufacturing
7.3 In-House Manufacturing
Chapter 8 Workflow Business Analysis
8.1 Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market: Workflow Movement Analysis
8.2 Cell Processing
8.3 Cell Banking
8.4 Process Development
8.5 Fill and Finish Operations
8.6 Analytical and Quality Testing
8.7 Raw Material Testing
8.8 Vector Production
Chapter 9 Regional Business Analysis
9.1 Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market: Regional Movement Analysis
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- Thermofisher Scientific
- Merck Kgaa.
- Catalent Inc.
- Takara Bio Inc.
- F.Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Wuxi Advanced Therapies
- Samsung Biologics
- Boehringer Ingelheim International Gmbh
- Novartis Ag
- Hitachi Chemical Co Ltd.
- Cellular Therapeutics.
- Miltenyi Biotech.
- Bluebird Bio Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yqyeht
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets