DUBLIN, June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Omega 3 Supplement Market Analysis By Source (Fish Oil, Krill Oil), By Application (Infant Formula, Food & Beverages, Nutritional Supplements, Pharmaceutical, Animal Feed, Clinical Nutrition), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global omega 3 supplements market is expected to reach USD 57.07 billion by 2025
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Fish oil segment was valued at USD 27.60 billion in 2016 on account of early adoption to treat joint pain and other medical conditions
- Anchovy accounted for the largest market share in 2016 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.0% owing to abundant & easy availability of fish and low mercury levels
- Salmon oil accounted for a share of 3.3% in 2016 and is expected to witness a considerable growth over the forecast period owing to requirement of relatively less time for the production of oil from salmon as compared to other fish.
- Central & South America accounted for a share of 2.5% of the global omega 3 supplements demand in 2016 due to the growing penetration of pharmaceutical products and increasing income levels of consumers
- Research & development and expansion are the key strategies that are being adopted by the players to strengthen their position in the market. Companies are continuously trying to develop application-specific products in order to expand their market scope.
- In May 2015, Ascenta Health was acquired by Nature Way, a U.S.-based brand. In May 2015, Aker BioMarine was granted two patents by the U.S. Patent Office for the method of manufacturing superba and other krill oils from denatured krill or krill meal using a polar solvent.
Omega 3 supplements market is anticipated to witness a significant growth on account of high application scope coupled with increasing demand from infant formula.
Numerous factors such as urbanization and government efforts to educate consumers and provide superior healthcare services are likely to fuel the utilization of omega 3 based products. In addition, increased consumer willingness to spend is anticipated to provide a positive outlook to the omega 3 supplements market.
Increasing opportunities from the sports nutrition market due to rising preference for leading an active lifestyle coupled with growing awareness regarding omega-3 benefits are likely to play a significant role in driving the market growth. Companies such as Coromega offer combo products to serve the sports industry.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Methodology And Scope
2. Executive Summary
3. Omega-3 Supplements Market Variables, Trends & Scope
4. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Source Estimates & Trend Analysis
5. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Fish Oil Estimates & Trend Analysis
6. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
7. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Company Profiles
- Nordic Naturals Inc.
- Now Foods
- Nutrigold Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Pharma Nord B.V.
- I Health Inc.
- Green Pasture Products, Inc.
- Aker BioMarine AS
- Luhua Biomarine
- Pharmavite LLC
- Ascenta Health
- KD Pharma Group
- Cederroth AB
- Glaxosmithkline PLC
- Natrol LLC
- Carlson Laboratories
- Optimum Nutrition Inc.
- Vaya Pharma
- Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics, SPC.
- BrainMD Health
- 53 Formulas Inc. (Nutrusta)
- Tranquility Labs LLC
- Rainbow Light
- Onnit Labs, LLC
- DR Joseph Mercola
- Jarrow Formulas
- Dr C's Omega 3's
- Life Extension
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lvplpz/omega_3
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-5707-billion-omega-3-supplement-market-2025---research-and-markets-300478260.html
SOURCE Research and Markets