DUBLIN, Nov. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market Analysis Report By Technology (Implants, Transdermal, Microencapsulation, Targeted Delivery), By Release Mechanism, By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global controlled release drug delivery market size is expected to reach USD 90.18 billion by 2025, experiencing a CAGR of 14.0% during the forecast period.
Soaring need for geriatric and pediatric controlled release delivery techniques and alternative therapies and rising awareness regarding benefits of these systems over conventional forms are providing a fillip to the market.
These technologies offer various benefits over traditional delivery forms. Reduced dosage and dosage frequency, less gastrointestinal side effects, enhanced patient compliance, uniform drug effect, improved drug efficacy and safety, and reduced fluctuation of plasma drug levels are some of the benefits offered by these technologies.
Dysphagia in geriatric population and unpleasant taste of pediatric dosages are playing a vital role in boosting the adoption of controlled release drug delivery systems. According to a report published by Orbis Biosciences, with reduction in frequency of dosages, compliance rates are witnessed to increase. Innovations in various drug delivery systems has been providing geriatric and pediatric population with easy solutions, which are further propelling the market. Controlled release of drugs allows reduction in overdose in elderly population as they can be altered according to required dosage over a specific period of time.
North America is estimated to be at the forefront of the market throughout the forecast period due to technologically advanced infrastructure, increasing R&D activities, and presence of major players and pharmaceutical companies in the region. Emerging countries such as India, China, and Brazil are also anticipated to register promising growth during the same period owing to improving healthcare infrastructure and medical technologies to cater to specific patient care. On similar lines, Asia Pacific is projected to post the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- On the basis of application, oral controlled release systems held the largest share in the market in 2017 owing to increasing usage and ease of convenience offered for administration of medication
- Targeted drug delivery is poised to be the fastest growth technology segment during the forecast period owing to its various benefits
- Osmotic delivery, based on activation modulation drug delivery systems, is likely to witness the highest CAGR due to its ability to not be affected by various factors, such as pH, food consumption, and gastrointestinal motility
- Asia Pacific is expected to post the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising investments by dominant players in the region and developments in the of pharmaceutical industry in emerging countries, such as India and China
- Some of the prominent companies operating in the market are Orbis Biosciences, Inc.; Merck and Co., Inc.; Alkermes plc; Johnson and Johnson; Coating Place, Inc.; Corium International, Inc.; Depomed, Inc.; Pfizer, Inc; Aradigm Corporation; and Capsugel.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
Chapter 2 Research Methodology
Chapter 3 Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market Variables, Trends & Scope
- Market Segmentation & Scope
- Market Driver Analysis
- Increase in need for controlled release dosage forms for pediatric and geriatric population
- Increased compliance due to nature of dosage forms
- Market Restraint Analysis
- Limited amount of controlled release dosage forms is acceptable for usage in pediatric conditions
- Need for high dose of active pharmaceutical ingredient
- Key Opportunities Prioritized
- Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (political & legal, economic and technological)
- Industry Analysis - Porter's
- Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Company Market Share Analysis, 2017
Chapter 4 Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Technology Estimates & Trend Analysis
- Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Technology Movement Analysis
- Wurster Technique
- Micro Encapsulation
- Targeted Delivery
Chapter 5 Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Release Mechanism Estimates & Trend Analysis
- Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Release Mechanism Movement Analysis
- Polymer-based Drug Delivery Systems
- Microreservoir Partition Controlled Drug Delivery Systems
- Feedback Regulated Drug Delivery Systems
- Activation Modulated Drug Delivery Systems
- Activation Modulated Drug Delivery Market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Osmotic Pressure Activated drug delivery market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Hydrodynamic Pressure Activated drug delivery market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Vapor Pressure Activated drug delivery market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Mechanically Activated drug delivery market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Magnetically Activated drug delivery market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Chemically Activated Controlled Drug Delivery Systems
- Chemically Activated Controlled Drug Delivery Market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- pH Activated Drug Delivery Market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Hydrolysis Activated Drug Delivery Market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
- Enzyme Activated Drug Delivery Market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
Chapter 6 Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
- Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Application Movement Analysis
- Metered Dose Inhalers
- Transdermal and Ocular Patches
- Infusion Pumps
- Oral Controlled Drug Delivery
- Drug Eluting Stents
Chapter 7 Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Technology, Release Mechanism, Application
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Depomed, Inc.
- Coating Place, Inc.
- Corium International, Inc.
- Johnson and Johnson Services, Inc.
- Alkermes plc
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Orbis Biosciences, Inc.
- Merck and Co., Inc.
- Aradigm Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jbpmw4/global_90?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets