NEW YORK, June 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Activated Carbon is a non-graphite form of carbon, produced upon activation of raw material such as coal, coconut shells, wood chips, etc., by subjecting them to physical modification and thermal decomposition under a specific ambient temperature and environment. Globally, water and wastewater treatment segment is the largest end user industry where activated carbon is used for removal of impurities from contaminated wastewater or drinking water through the process of adsorption. Moreover, activated carbon is also used in air purification processes in automotive industry, food and beverage processing industry, metal recovery and pharmaceutical drug manufacturing processes. Powdered activated carbon is the most widely used form of activated carbon across the globe owing to its excellent adsorption properties in both gas and liquid phase applications.
According to TechSci Research report "Global Activated Carbon Market By Type, By Raw Material, By Application, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2021", global activated carbon market is projected to witness a CAGR of more than 9% over next five years, on the back of increasing implementation of stringent regulations related to water and air pollution control, increasing application of activated carbon in filters used in automotive sector and food & beverage processing industries, and across various other applications in pharmaceutical and medical sector. In 2015, Asia Pacific was the largest market for activated carbon, with strong demand emanating from China, Japan and India. Calgon Carbon Corporation, Cabot Corporation, Osaka Gas Chemicals Co., Limited, Kuraray Co., Limited are few of the largest players operating in global activated carbon market. "Global Activated Carbon Market By Type, By Raw Material, By Application, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2021" report elaborates following aspects related to activated carbon market, globally:
- Global Activated Carbon Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Type (Powdered Activated Carbon, Granular Activated Carbon and Others), By Raw Material (Wood, Coconut Shells, Coal and Others), By Application (Water & Wastewater Treatment, Air Filtration, Industrial Processes, Food & Beverage, Automotive and Others)
- Regional Analysis – Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of global activated carbon market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth over next five years
- To help industry consultants, activated carbon manufacturers, vendors and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research includes interviews with activated carbon manufacturers, distributors and industry experts. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03903426-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-activated-carbon-market-by-type-powdered-activated-carbon-granular-activated-carbon-and-others-by-raw-material-wood-coconut-shells-coal-and-others-by-application-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2011-2021-300289645.html