NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Who's Winning the Necessary Regional Battles?
Mobile and wireless is one of the fastest growing industries today and is expected to continue to be the technology catalyst in the coming years as well. At the center of this booming growth are smartphones. This study discusses the major market dynamics and technology trends that are shaping the smartphone industry, while also driving growth. The research provides total market drivers and restraints, strategic recommendations for vendors, market forecasts, and competitive analyses for manufacturers and operating systems. The total market is also segmented, and analysis is provided by region, including: Africa/Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and North America.
• Mobile and wireless is one of the fastest growing industries today and is expected to continue to be the technology catalyst in the coming years as well. At the center of this booming growth are smartphones. • Smartphones are continuing to expand in capabilities and reliability alike. The days of the mobile worker/consumer are here, and penetration rates in many regions already has surpassed the X percent mark. • Smartphone shipments are expected to grow from X million in 2011 to X billion in 2017. • Market revenue should grow from approximately $X billion in 2011 to $X billion in 2017. • Mobile devices are changing the way enterprises do business, allowing for a more remotely accessible workforce. • The mobile ecosystem is a huge factor in the success or failure of a smartphone platform. Currently, Apple's iOS and Google's Android are dominating the market. However, Microsoft's Windows Phone is looking to rebound to a competitive position after partnering with Nokia.
1. Smartphone shipments are expected to exceed one billion units by 2016.2. Shelf presence is key to brand recognition and sales.3. A strategic approach is key to success or failure—broad product portfolio or targeted, high end or low end.4. Regional strategies will vary—North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific are the key markets for smartphones.5. Integration of cloud services and seamless media access will be key factors over the next several years.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What is driving the success of smartphones as a whole?• Which operating system platforms are emerging successful, and which are not? Why?• Which manufacturers are seeing the most success, and why?• What factors are affecting the pricing of smartphones? How will they affect pricing in the long term?• What are customers looking for in a smartphone? Which segment of customers is driving the market—enterprise or consumer?• What major trends will be emerging over the next two to six years?
Table Of Contents
2. Market Overview
3. Total Smartphines Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. Africa/The Middle East Breakdown
5. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
6. Europe Breakdown
7. Latin America East Breakdown
8. North America Breakdown
9. The Last Word
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001