NEW YORK, May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Airports around the world continue to increase efficiency and security with technologies designed to expedite the customs process for international travelers. Implementation of automated border control (ABC) systems or eGates, in use for several years at international airports, is gradually increasing. Biometric capabilities are key aspects of ABC systems, but there is still no standardization among systems or regions that use them. This research is designed to provide readers a look into the state of the ABC systems market from 2015 to 2020 and the key trends that will influence its evolution.
-The 2015 automated border control (ABC) systems—also known as eGates—market was estimated to be worth $ Million; it is expected to reach $ Million by 2020. Europe led the market with an estimated $ Million in spending during 2015; however, activity in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region continues to thrive, especially in Australia and Hong Kong where travel activity is growing.
• The market shows definite growth, especially in Central Asia as long as its economy continues to do well. Other regions, on the other hand, will continue to press forward at a cautious pace, gathering intelligence on issues and shortcomings to avoid before investing.
• Efficiency and immigration control were primary drivers leading to the development of ABC systems and other border control technologies. The recent surge of terrorist incidents will affect the growth trajectory of these systems, but whether the trajectory is positive or negative has yet to be determined.
• By acquiring an estimated % ($ Million) of the market in 2015, Vision-Box leads the ABC market with its vb i-match eGate offering and will probably continue to lead through the end of 2016.
• Activity in Europe has intensified, but the road to harmonization may take its toll on market growth. Vision-Box is well embedded in Europe and, as a member of the Automated Border Control for Europe (ABC4EU) project, will probably continue to flourish in the region.
• Globally, standards that vary by region will negatively affect growth until agreements are put in place to recognize foreign machine-readable travel documents as well as access to national databases.
• Niche trusted traveler systems will take up part of the market as some countries will see those as a proportionate solution to its particular problem set. In addition, the introduction and development of mobile passport applications may affect the market, especially if they contribute to a less-expensive type of border control product.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03817794-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-automated-border-control-systems-market-300266389.html