DUBLIN, Nov. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Automated Liquid Handling (ALH) Technologies Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Workstations, Reagents & Consumables), By Application, By End User, and Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global automated liquid handling technology market size is anticipated to reach USD 2.07 billion by 2025, experiencing a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period.
Automated liquid handling technology has transformed wet lab research processing by enabling significant restructuring of R & D facilities of pharma & biotech companies. Rapid adoption of liquid handling robots to replace traditionally reserved wet lab bench work areas is estimated to foster market growth.
Efficient & accurate handling of liquid samples help pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in maintaining overall productivity. This makes these companies & research laboratories rely greatly on automated platforms. Usage of customizable and preprogrammed procedures reduces need for supervision as it enables researchers to invest more time on data analysis.
Buyers have an option to select from different liquid handling technologies such as air displacement dispensing, positive displacement, piezoelectric, and acoustic. This choice to pick from a range of automated liquid handlers influences buyer power. Key market players are involved in developing low volume liquid handling systems as a consequence of rising adoption of microfluidics and microplates in lab processing.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Multipurpose workstations are projected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period due to their rapid adoption by pharma & biopharma CROs. These workstations enable microplate washing, multichannel pipetting, and bulk reagent dispensing within a single unit
- Cancer & genomic research is poised to witness the fastest growth owing to the ability of automated liquid handling systems to handle multiple samples of microliter to picoliter volume
- Workflow complexity and need for faster target screening are resulting in increase in installation of automated workstation by the pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
- North America dominated the market in 2017 owing to presence of several key players
- Asia Pacific is expected to post the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to conducive growth factors for pharma and biopharmaceutical companies in the region. Increasing investments in life science, medicine, and pharmaceutical sectors are also contributing to the growth of the regional market
- Key players operating in the industry include Agilent Technologies; Labcyte Inc.; Beckman Coulter, Inc., Aurora Biomed Inc.; Eppendorf AG; Hamilton Company; Gilson, Inc., Analytik Jena AG; Tecan Trading AG; and BioTek Instruments, Inc.
- Major players are involved in development of novel platform based on non-contact liquid handling technologies such as ultrasonic droplet generation, glass capillary dispensers, inkjet technologies, and valve dispensing technologies to support changing needs of end users.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Information procurement
1.2 Information or Data Analysis
1.3 Market Formulation & Validation
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market driver analysis
126.96.36.199 Increase in investment in drug development, clinical trials, and life sciences R&D
188.8.131.52.1 Top 15 investors in global drug R&D: 2015 & 2016
184.108.40.206 Rapid adoption of automation
220.127.116.11 Increasing wages of skilled employees in developed countries
18.104.22.168 Demand for effective miniaturization
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
22.214.171.124 High cost of instruments and complex operability of advanced systems
126.96.36.199 Lack of skilled professionals and research support in undeveloped countries
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Application, 2017
3.3 Automated Liquid Handling Technologies -SWOT Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic And Technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 4 Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market Categorization: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Global Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market: Product Movement Analysis, 2017 & 2025
4.2 Automated Liquid Handling Workstations
4.2.1 Global automated liquid handling workstations market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.2 Automated liquid handling workstations, by assembly
188.8.131.52 Standalone automated liquid handlers
184.108.40.206 Integrated automated liquid handlers
4.2.3 Automated liquid handling workstations, by type
220.127.116.11 Multipurpose workstation
18.104.22.168 Pipetting workstation
22.214.171.124 Specialized liquid handler
126.96.36.199 Workstation module
4.3 Reagents & Consumables
4.3.1 Global reagents & consumables market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
Chapter 5 Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market Categorization: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Global Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market: Application Movement Analysis, 2017 & 2025
5.2 Drug Discovery & ADME-Tox Research
5.3 Cancer & Genomic Research
Chapter 6 Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market Categorization: End User Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Global Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market: End User Movement Analysis, 2017 & 2025
6.2 Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
6.3 Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
6.4 Academic & Research Institutes
Chapter 7 Automated Liquid Handling Technologies Market Categorization: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product, Applications, & End User
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Agilent Technologies
- Aurora Biomed, Inc.
- AUTOGEN, INC.
- BioTek Instruments, Inc.
- Analytik Jena AG
- Corning Incorporated
- Eppendorf AG
- Formulatrix, Inc.
- Gilson, Inc.
- Hamilton Company
- Hudson Robotics
- LABCYTE INC.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Tecan Trading AG.
- METTLER TOLEDO
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/47vkql/global_automated?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets