DUBLIN, August 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Ballistic Composites Market Analysis By Product (Polymer Matrix Composite (PMC), Polymer-Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC), Metal Matrix Composite (MMC)), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2015 - 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global ballistic composites market is expected to reach USD 2.18 billion by 2025
Unstable geopolitical relations, increasing cross-border tensions have forced nations to strengthen their defense units. Providing lightweight, efficient and advanced combat equipment has been on top priorities of most of the developed as well as developing countries. This has triggered the use of ballistic composites over the past few years.
Several factors, like the propensity of the composite armor of supporting the weight of an externally attached component, anchoring composite armor with a platform, safeguarding of ballistic weaknesses at panel joints and corners are taken into consideration while product designing and production are executed.
Ballistic vests are envisioned to deflect bullets from several types of guns, while armored vehicles must withstand projectiles, shells fired from tanks and roadside bombs. The layout of ballistic materials thus presents challenges familiar to any composites manufacturer.
North America is slated to account for larger market share. Active involvement of the U.S. military to counter terror threats is expected to fuel the product demand. Rising pressure on the U.S. government to maintain its military dominance is also expected to drive the regional market.
The key value chain components for the ballistic protective equipment market include raw material suppliers, ballistic equipment manufacturers, and end-users. The raw material suppliers form the first component in the value chain and provide various metals, materials, and fabrics required for producing ballistic protection suits.
Major companies in the global ballistic composites market include DuPont, Teijin, DSM and Honeywell International. The market can be characterized by increasing R&D spending and continuous efforts for new product development.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing market in terms of product technology upgradation. Rising awareness in this region pertaining the life of deployed soldiers and vehicles is likely to trigger government budgets allocated for defense.
- North America is likely to emerge the largest market for ballistic composites on account of favorable government budgets, policies and regulations pertaining defense initiatives.
- Polymer matrix composite is expected to experience a significant growth on account of their low cost and simple fabrication methods. Its significance lies in its ability to grow fatter and short upon being heated.
- During the forecast period, ballistic composites market is expected to be majorly driven by armor applications in body vests and defense vehicles.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Methodology and Scope
2. Executive Summary
3. Ballistic Composites Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market segmentation
3.2 Market size and growth prospects, 2013-2025
3.3 Ballistic composites value chain analysis
3.4 Ballistic composites market dynamics
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11 Increasing internal and external threats
18.104.22.168 Increasing need for lightweight, comfortable and high-strength materials
3.4.2 Market restraint analysis
22.214.171.124 Lack of complete protection
126.96.36.199 Complexities in designing ballistic composites
3.5 Industry analysis - Porter's
3.6 Ballistic composites PESTEL analysis
4. Ballistic Composites: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Ballistic composites market share by product, 2015 & 2025
4.2 Global ballistic composites demand by product 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.3 Metal matrix
5. Ballistic Composites: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 ballistic composites market share by application, 2015 & 2025
5.2 Global ballistic composites demand by application 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
5.2.2 Helmets & face protection
6. Ballistic Composites: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
7. Competitive Landscape
8. Company Profiles
- Honeywell International Inc.
- BAE Systems
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Southern States, LLC
- Barrday Corporation
- PRF Composite Materials
- Gaffco ballistics
- M Cubed Technologies, Inc.
- MKU Limited
- Royal Ten Cate NV
- Teijin Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pw84vw/ballistic
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets