DUBLIN, September 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Prostatitis Devicebased Treatments Market" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
This analysis includes a discussion of products, competitors, market forecasts, and opportunities in the global market for BPH and prostatitis treatment devices.
Topics Covered Include:
- An overview of device-based and pharmacological therapies for BPH and prostatitis.
- Global and country/region-specific market forecasts, including forecasts by product segment.
- Competitive analyses by product segment.
- Discussion of key drivers and limiters to the BPH and prostatitis device-based treatments market.
- Emerging therapies and their potential impact on the market for device-based treatments
- Symptomatic BPH and prostatitis affect over 100 million men worldwide, resulting in painful symptoms and lower quality of life.
- Laser-based devices and urethral implants are expected to be the primary segments driving growth in the market.
- The market for devices used to treat symptomatic BPH and prostatitis is anticipated to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2016-21), increasing to an estimated $586.1m by 2021.
- Pharmaceuticals continue to play a major role in the management and treatment of symptomatic patients, with device-based therapies being restricted to use in about 10- 15% of all patients with symptomatic BPH and only the most severe cases of prostatitis.
- The US market for device-based therapies currently accounts for approximately 40% of all sales, followed by the five major European markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). The strongest growth in devicebased sales is expected to occur in the US.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Clinical Overview of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Prostatitis
1.1 Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
2. Products for Treating Symptomatic Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
2.1 Established Therapeutic Approaches
2.1.1 Drug therapy
2.1.2 Surgical treatment
22.214.171.124 Transurethral resection of the prostate
126.96.36.199.1 Selected TURP/BPVP products
188.8.131.52.1.1 KARL STORZ
184.108.40.206.1.3 Richard Wolf
2.1.3 Less invasive alternatives to surgery
220.127.116.11 Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
18.104.22.168 Laser-based techniques
22.214.171.124 Other energy-based procedures
126.96.36.199 Prostatic implants
188.8.131.52 Prostatic artery embolization
184.108.40.206 Clinical development
2.2 Market Forecasts
2.2.1 Global market for TURP equipment and related.products for BPH
2.2.2 Global market for laser-based products for BPH
2.2.3 Global market for microwave and RF thermotherapy products for BPH
2.2.4 Global market for prostatic urethral lift implants for BPH
2.2.5 Global market for prostatic stents and PAE products for BPH
2.2.6 Market forecast: US
2.2.7 Market forecast: EU
2.2.8 Market forecast: Japan
2.2.9 Market forecast: rest of the world
2.3 Competitive Analysis
2.3.1 TURP and related equipment for vaporization and enucleation
2.3.2 Laser systems
3. Products for Treating Symptomatic Prostatitis
3.1 Established Therapeutic Approaches
3.1.1 Drug therapy
220.127.116.11 Clinical development
3.1.2 Conservative non-pharmacologic therapy
3.1.3 Surgical/minimally invasive treatments
18.104.22.168 Minimally invasive thermotherapy
22.214.171.124.1 Microwave thermotherapy
126.96.36.199 External shock wave therapy
3.2 Market Forecasts
Appendix: Company Listing
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qgrwf6/benign_prostatic
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets