DUBLIN, Feb. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3w5f3k/global_big_data) has announced the addition of the "Global Big Data in Healthcare: Focus on Hardware, Software Type, Deployment Model, Analytic Service Type, Analytic Service Applications, and Geography - Estimates & Forecast, 2015-2022" report to their offering.
The Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector is estimated to grow over $34.27 billion by the end of 2022
Currently, financial analytics is acquiring a major share of the market in order to reduce fraud in healthcare claims and help healthcare organizations understand their cost structure and maintain their revenue. Clinical analytics is foreseen to have a high growth potential by 2020 due to the implementation of innovative technologies like Precision Medicine, mHealth, and sensors in the healthcare industry. Big Data analytics will play a huge role in the evolution of new forms of treatments to treat different therapeutics and will also provide many opportunities to various organizations to skillfully take part in Big Data technology in the present as well as for the future.
Several forces are triggering the boost in the overall demand for Big Data integration in the healthcare industry. Governmental agencies are encouraging the use of Big Data in the healthcare sector. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under the Health Data Initiative (HDI) is starting to release data from agencies like the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in order to access public data of patients for clinical trials and other research activities. To ensure adequate access to information in a standard format, the Federal Government announced the Big Data Research and Development Initiative in March 2012, to support the release and usability of the data stores.
The integration of Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector will, in turn, keep the patients and the healthcare ecosystem aware of what is appropriate for them. Big Data analytics will ensure that the patient gets the most appropriate treatment by connecting the patient with the right kind of care provider. Data could also be utilized to provide improved clinical trials accuracy. Physicians at Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare analyzed 4 years of Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) data to detect and classify patients with diabetes for public health surveillance.
This market study includes an overview and analysis of Big Data analytics in the healthcare sector by components and services, applications and geographical regions, in turn, providing a comprehensive outlook of the market. The report provides an extensive insight into major developments, trends and key participants. All of the above mentioned report coverage parameters are discussed across different regions like North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Rest of the World (ROW). Along with emphasizing the key driving and challenging forces for this market, the report also provides a comprehensive section on the notable regulations, consortiums, patents and standards for Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector.
The answers to the following key questions can be found in the report:
- What are the key market trends and developments in Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector?
- What are the different sources of Big Data in the healthcare sector?
- What are the advantages of Big Data analytics in the healthcare sector?
- Who are the Big Data users in the healthcare industry?
- Which key therapeutics are utilizing Big Data technology/analytics?
- What are the important hardware components in the Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector?
- What are the important kinds of software in the Big Data Analytics in the healthcare and their deployment type?
- What types of services are provided in the Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector?
- What are the key applications of the Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector?
- Which geographical region will lead the global Big Data Analytics in the healthcare by the end of the forecast period?
- Who are the key players in the Big Data Analytics in the healthcare sector?
- Cerner Corporation
- Epic System Corporation
- GE Healthcare
For more information visit
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets