DUBLIN, Feb. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Market Spotlight: Biliary Tract Cancer" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This Market Spotlight report covers the Biliary Tract Cancer market, comprising key pipeline drugs, clinical trials, upcoming and regulatory events, patent information, a 10-year disease incidence forecast, and licensing and acquisition deals.
- The author estimates that in 2016, there were approximately 716,000 incident cases of biliary tract cancer worldwide, and forecasts that number to increase to 784,000 incident cases by 2025.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for biliary tract cancer are in Phase II. Therapies in mid-to-late-stage development for biliary tract cancer focus on a wide variety of targets, with the majority being administered via the oral route.
- High-impact upcoming events include topline Phase III trial results for derazantinib. There were only three licensing and asset acquisition activities involving gallbladder and biliary tract cancer drugs during 2012-17. The exclusive acquisition agreement signed in 2017 between Mundipharma and CellAct for $250m for the acquisition of CAP7-1 was the only deal with disclosed deal value during the period.
- The clinical trials distribution across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for biliary tract neoplasms been in the early and mid-phases of development, with 94% of trials in Phase I-II, and only 6% in Phase III.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of biliary tract neoplasms clinical trials globally. The UK leads the major EU markets, while Japan has the top spot in Asia.
- Clinical trial activity in the biliary tract neoplasms space is dominated by completed trials. AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly and Sanofi have the highest number of completed clinical trials for biliary tract neoplasms, with three completed trials each.
- Eli Lily has carried out the most Phase II trials in biliary tract neoplasms space, followed by Sanofi and AstraZeneca
Key Topics Covered:
Biliary Tract Cancer Subtypes
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS
LICENSING AND ASSET ACQUISITION DEALS
Mundipharma Acquires 'Smart' Chemo Drug From CellAct
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7785gt/global_biliary?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-biliary-tract-cancer-market-spotlight-2017-eli-lily-has-carried-out-the-most-phase-ii-trials-in-biliary-tract-neoplasms-space-followed-by-sanofi-and-astrazeneca-300599420.html
SOURCE Research and Markets