DUBLIN, Sept. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pnrx94/bioactive_wound) has announced the addition of the "Bioactive Wound Care Market Analysis (2015 - 2020); By Type (Alginates, Hydrogel, Collagen, Chitin/Chitosan); By Materials (Ionic Silver, Amniotic Membranes, Egg Membranes)" report to their offering.
The Bioactive Wound Care market will grow at a CAGR of 6.5% between 2015-2020.
The Bio active Wound Care Devices are used to treat chronic wounds such as venous or arterial ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers. The Bioactive Wound Care is used to treat ulcers without the use of surgical methods such as stapling. The focus is on natural healing of the ulcer through the development of granulation tissue, wound contraction and epithelialization. The biological wound dressings work upon the wounded area to start the healing process. The biological dressings are able to reduce the alkalinity and maintain a neutral pH. The biological dressings absorb exudates which help to maintain the moisture around the wound. The re-epithelialisation is only possible if there is a controlled environment with required humidity, pH and oxygen.
The Bioactive Wound Care Market is developing with the introduction of new and advanced technologies. The geriatric population is on the rise, which is most susceptible to skin wounds. The increased awareness about healthcare and the growing demand for bioactive material will boost the market. The market is also driven by the increased use of tissue replacement therapy or grafting. Chronic Diseases such as diabetes, cancer cause wounds, which lead to increased use of bioactive wound dressings.
In terms of geography, the North America has the biggest market share accompanied by European region. The increased per capita spending on Healthcare and demographic shift towards aging population is driving the Bioactive Wound Care market. Asia Pacific region will see the largest growth due to increasing population, demand for better and advanced healthcare and high disposable income.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Bioactive Wound Care Market - Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Bioactive Wound Care Market - Market Landscape
4. Bioactive Wound Care Market - Market Forces
5. Bioactive Wound Care Market - Strategic Analysis
6. Bioactive Wound Care Market - By Type
7. Bioactive Wound Care Market - By Material Used
8. Global Bioactive Wound Care Market -Geographic Analysis
9. Market Entropy
10. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Strategy, Developments, Product Portfolio)
- Smith & Nephew plc.
- M Corporation
- Coloplast AS
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novartis Pharma AG.
- Covidien Ltd.
- Olympus Corp.
- Cook Biotech Inc.
- Wright Medical Group, Inc
- Synovis Life Technologies, Inc.
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corp.
- Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
- Mediwound Ltd.
- BioSpecifics Technologies Corp.
- Celleration, Inc.
- Molnlycke Healthcare Group
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Healthpoint Biotherapeutics Ltd.
- Kaken Pharmaceutical CoLtd.
- Shire Plc
- Paul Hartmann AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pnrx94/bioactive_wound
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets