NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Biometrics market is one of the key growing electronic security markets in the global landscape. Increasing government spending, national ID projects, e-passports & visas, rising crime rates, growing terrorist activities, cybercrimes, and data thefts are the factors that are spurring the market for various biometrics technologies globally.
According to 6Wresearch, Global Biometrics Market is projected to reach $21.9 billion by 2020. North America leads the overall biometrics market, where the U.S. is the major revenue generating country in this region. Increasing homeland security, government spending, research and development activities are driving the growth of the U.S. in North American biometrics market.
Until 2014, North American region dominated overall biometrics market; however, by the end of 2015, the share of the region is expected to decline to become second largest in the industry. Growth in Asia-Pacific (APAC) biometrics market is exhibited as major factor for the declining share of North American region. Surging security spending, introduction of several government projects, increasing IT spending, data thefts, and shift from traditional smart card based systems towards biometric based systems are boosting the growth of Asia- Pacific biometrics market.
Fingerprint biometrics technology accounts for majority of the market share in the overall biometrics market. Ease of usage and affordable in nature have resulted for its market dominance. However, in the forecast period, share of fingerprint technology is expected to decline due to growth in other biometrics technologies such as Face, IRIS, Vein and also the adoption of multimodal biometrics systems.
The key companies in global biometrics market include- Morpho Safran, 3M Cogent, NEC, Suprema, Nuance, Hitachi, Crossmatch Technologies, Iris ID, ZK Technologies and others.
"Global Biometrics Market (2014–2020)" provides in-depth analysis with 243 figures and 258 tables covered in 650+ pages. The report estimates and forecast overall Global Biometrics Market by revenue & volume and by technologies. The report segments biometrics market by applications such as government & transportation, commercial offices, industrial, defense, hospitality & healthcare, banking & financial, retail and consumer electronics. The report also gives insights on market share by companies, price trends, market trends, company profiles, upcoming government projects, product matrix, competitive positioning, market drivers and restraints.
Key Highlights of the Report
• Historical data of Global Biometrics Market Revenue for the Period 2010-2013.
• Market Size & Forecast of Global Biometrics Market Revenue until 2020.
• Historical data of Global Biometrics Market Volume for the Period 2010-2013.
• Market Size & Forecast of Global Biometrics Market Volume until 2020.
• Historical data of Global Biometrics Market Revenue by Technologies for the Period 2010-2013.
• Market Size & Forecast of Global Biometrics Market Revenue by Technologies until 2020.
• Historical data of Global Biometrics Market Volume by Technologies for the Period 2010-2013.
• Market Size & Forecast of Global Biometrics Market Volume by Technologies until 2020.
• Historical Revenue of Global Biometrics Market by Regions for the Period 2010-2013.
• Market Size & Forecast of Global Biometrics Market Revenue by Regions until 2020.
• Historical Volume of Global Biometrics Market by Regions for the Period 2010-2013.
• Market Size & Forecast of Global Biometrics Market Volume by Regions until 2020.
• Market Size & Forecast of Global Biometrics Market by Countries until 2020.
• Market Size & Forecast of Countries Biometrics Market by Technologies until 2020.
• Market Size & Forecast of Countries Biometrics Market by Applications until 2020.
• Market Drivers and Restraints.
• Market Trends.
• Price Trends.
• Product Matrix.
• Players Market Share.
• Competitive Positioning.
• Company Profiles.
• Key Strategic Pointers
The report provides the detailed analysis of following market segments:
• Biometrics Technologies:
o Hand/ Palm-Print
o Keystroke Dynamics
o Multimodal Biometrics
o North America
- United States
o Latin America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
o Government & Transportation
o Commercial Offices
o Hospitality & healthcare
o Banking & Financial
o Consumer Electronics
• End Use:
o Time & Attendance Systems
o Access Control Systems
o Identity Solutions
Companies Covered in this report (Partial List)
1. 3M Co.
2. Agnitio Corporation
3. Anviz Global
4. Assa Abloy Group
5. BioLink Solutions
6. Cross Match Technologies, Inc.
7. Fingerprint Cards AB
8. Fujitsu Limited
8. Hitachi Limited
10. Inception Technologies
11. Ingersoll Rand Plc
12. IrisGuard Inc.
13. Iris ID, Inc.
14. M2SYS Technology LLC
15. Morpho SA
16. Nuance communication Inc.
17. NEC Corp.
18. Panasonic Corporation
19. Precise Biometrics AB
20. Smartmatic International Corporation
21. Suprema Inc.
22. ZK Technology LLC
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02621228-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001