NEW YORK, March 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time in New York City, the Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE) Global Conference will host the world's leading business travel education and networking event on April 10-12, 2011, at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square.
ACTE has united travel professionals around the world for more than 20 years as a member-driven "global village," providing research and education to the travel industry's leading buyers and sellers. ACTE is recognized globally as an agent of positive change, development, and a driver of education across all segments of business travel.
According to Ron DiLeo, Executive Director of ACTE, "We are pleased to bring this year's ACTE Global Conference to New York City, a world leader in culture, business and travel. ACTE and its partners will use the Global Conference to debut new innovations and technologies in the business travel sector. Additionally, our keynote speakers and breakout sessions will address and offer solutions to the issues affecting travel professionals today."
ACTE Global Conference keynote speakers include:
- Stephen J. Dubner, Author, Freakonomics, Superfreakonomics - Business & Management Lessons from SUPERFREAKONOMICS
- David Pogue, Personal Technology Columnist, The New York Times - What's New, What's Coming, and How It Will Change Everything
- Jesse Schell, Chief Executive Officer / Creative Director, Schell Games - The Games We Play: Using Games to Influence Consumer Behavior
Additionally, the ACTE Global Conference will be debuting new features in 2011, including:
- INTERACTE, which allows Conference buyers and sellers to arrange advance appointments with each other, to make the most out of networking opportunities
- "3 Under 33," an award honoring three up-and-coming travel professionals who work to improve the advancement of the business travel industry
- "Angel Investors Lounge," which matches innovators with potential financial backing
- "Consultants Corner," an ACTE program to both certify and assist individuals wanting to launch careers in consulting
- "Around the World in 80 Hours," launching in Fall 2011, this will offer travel professionals and university students a certified, hands-on, global immersion learning program focused exclusively on global corporate travel management in select cities across the globe
To register for the ACTE Global Conference or for developing information on the event, please visit: http://www.acte.org/content/SG_11/Conference_Registration.
The Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE), founded in 1988, is a leading non-profit organization that serves and advances the global business travel industry in 102 different countries. For more than 20 years, ACTE has continued to fulfill its vision of uniting travel executives around the world, providing them with up-to-date news, knowledge, beneficial research findings and networking opportunities. The education of ACTE members infiltrates to more than 12 million business travelers worldwide. From corporate buyers to agencies and suppliers, all sectors of the industry are granted equal membership. ACTE has representatives in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Mexico, Middle East and the United States. To join ACTE, or for more information, visit www.acte.org.
SOURCE The Association of Corporate Travel Executives