The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2024. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Cloud Music Streaming in US$ Thousand.
Company profiles are primarily based on public domain information including company URLs.
The report profiles 29 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Amazon.com, Inc. (USA)
Apple Inc. (USA)
Google Inc. (USA)
YouTube, LLC (USA)
KKBOX, Inc. (Taiwan)
Microsoft Corp. (USA)
Pandora Media, Inc. (USA)
Saavn, LLC (USA)
SoundCloud Limited (Germany)
Spotify Ltd. (UK)
Tencent Holdings Ltd. (China)
Tencent Music Entertainment Group
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Cloud as a Platform for Entertainment: A Peek Into the Many Faces of the Cloud Cloud Music: A Lucrative Game Changer in the Entertainment Industry Cloud Music Platform: A Saving Grace for the Music Industry Ravaged by Declining Sales of Physical Albums Rise of the On-Demand Economy to Accelerate Growth of On- Demand Streaming Services High-Speed Internet Penetration & Bandwidth Expansion Provide the Foundation for Growth of Cloud Music Since Cloud Music Experiences are only as good as the Network, Developments in Internet Architecture are Crucial for Future Growth & Proliferation Growing Investments in 4G/LTE & 5G to Strengthen the Robustness of Cloud Music Favorable Smartphone Usage Patterns for Entertainment Supports Growth in the Market Portable Music Revolution Is Here! Development of Cloud Storage and Backup, Primes the Music Audience for the Cloud Era Highly Engaged with Music, Young Consumers Emerge as a Lucrative Customer Cluster Service Providers Get Ready to Engage With the Streaming First Generation . Developing Countries Emerge as Hotspots for Future Growth Multiple Business Models Compete for Customer Acquisition The Rising Tide of Streaming Raises All Boats Service Providers Focus on Lean Back Listeners to Drive New Revenue Growth Cloud Music Services Enable Piracy Reduction Music Licensing Costs Rise for Streaming Service Providers Licensing Costs for Select Streaming Services Curation and Recommendations Emerge as Key Service Differentiators Ability to Discover Music: A Growing Area of Focus to Gain Competitive Edge Social Media Music: A New Channel for Streaming Services to Reach Out to Consumers Cloud Music Shows the Promise of Addressing the Value Gap Issue in the Music Industry Devices Used to Listen to Streaming Music Shapes the Technological Landscape Cloud Music Streaming on Wearable Devices Catches Fire TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music Apple Watch Nike+ Samsung Gear S3 Polar M600 New Balance RunIQ LG Watch Sport Moto 360 Sport In-Car Music Streaming Gathers Momentum Competition: A Review Heavy Consolidation Activity During the Years 2013 to 2016 List of Music Streaming Services Shuttered/Acquired: 2013-2016 Market Outlook
2. SERVICE OVERVIEW The Journey to the Clouds Cloud Music Streaming An Introduction Benefits of Cloud Music How Cloud Music Streaming Works: Front End and Back End Popular Cloud Streaming Services Amazon Prime Music Google Play Music Groovesharks.org iCloud Last.fm Maestro.fm Pandora SoundCloud Spotify
3. SERVICE INTRODUCTIONS Google Introduces Google Play Music Unlimited Service in India Pandora Rolls Out Pandora Premium SoundCloud Unveils Mid-Priced Subscription Plan SoundCloud Unveils SoundCloud Go Subscription Service in Germany Amazon Launches Amazon Music Unlimited SoundCloud Rolls Out SoundCloud Go in Australia and New Zealand SoundCloud Introduces SoundCloud Go in the UK and Ireland Guvera Unveils Guvera 3.0 SoundCloud Launches SoundCloud Go and SoundCloud Go+ in the Netherlands Guvera Introduces Music Streaming Services on Apple TV Boost Mobile Introduces Data-free Music Streaming from Multiple Services Celcom Rolls Out Yonder Music Streaming Service in Malaysia YouTube Introduces New Music Streaming Service Apple Introduces Apple Music on Android Virgin Mobile Launches Unlimited Music Streaming for US Customers Aldi Launches New Music Streaming Service Google Launches Google Play Music in Japan Amazon Debuts Music Streaming Service in UK Facebook to Venture into Audio Music Streaming Service Google Launches Ad-Supported Radio Option on Google Play Music Line Rolls Out Music Streaming Service in Japan Apple Rolls Out Music Streaming Service Apple Music MixRadio Introduces Personalized Musicstreaming Service for Mobile Platforms MTN Rolls Out Music & Video Streaming Service in South Africa Music Stars Launch Tidal Music Streaming Service Beatport Introduces Mobile App for Music Streaming Service Deezer and Sonos Launch Deezer Elite HD Audio Streaming Service Naxos Rolls Out New HD Music Streaming Service for Classic Music
4. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Sirius XM Holdings to Pump Investments into Pandora Napster Teams Up with Rakuten Spotify Acquires French AI Start-Up Niland Spotify Takes Over Mediachain Labs Spotify Inks Multi-Year License Agreement with Merlin Spotify Enters into Multi-Year License Agreement with Universal Music Group SoundCloud Chooses Rubicon Project for Automating its Streaming Audio Inventory Sprint Acquires Stake in Tidal Guvera Shutters Down its Operations Manchester United Enters into Partnership with Deezer China Music Corporation and QQ Music Merge their Digital Music Businesses Guvera Ties-Up with Music 247 and Amara Muzik 7digital Snaps Up Snowite Guvera Partners with Mumbai Indians for IPL 2016 Guvera Enters into a Brand Partnership with TranServ Rhapsody Rebrands as Napster Synchronoss Partners with Napster to Develop Cloud-based Music Sharing Solution Spotify Takes Over Preact Microsoft Takes Over Groove Deezer Secures New Funding SoundCloud Secures Debt Funding Kakao to Acquire LOEN Entertainment Perk.com to Take Over Viggle App Pandora Takes Over Rdio Napster and Nintendo Sign Agreement for Streaming on Wii U DJs.com Obtains Dubset Agreement for Online Mix Streaming Platform Micromax Invests in Gaana Rogers and Spotify Extend Partnership for Paid Music Streaming Access LiveXLive Secures Rock in Rio's Global Streaming Rights HARMAN and TIDAL Ink Deal for Streaming on Audio Equipment LiveXLive and POSSIBLE Mobile Ink Agreement Microsoft Changes Xbox Music Name to Groove for Android Spotify and Starbucks Ink Music Streaming Deal Rogers and Spotify Team Up to Bring Streaming Music to Fido Subscribers Line Takes Over Microsoft's MixRadio Personal Streaming Service Twitter and Rhapsody Partner for Content Access CÜR Media and MediaNet Ink Content Access Agreement bBooth Acquires Songstagram Deezer Acquires Muve Music
5. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
6. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 29 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 31)