DUBLIN, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptdjpl/connected_car) has announced the addition of the "Global Connected Car Market Report 2013-2018" report to their offering.
The market presents direct revenue channel from applications, services, and content. Industry experts believe that if it is done right, software updates will become the major revenue generator since people are willing to pay for them if they are reasonably priced. Software can keep the car up-to-date even if it is not the latest model anymore and essentially tied to the regular maintenance of the vehicle.
The future remains to be seen and will depend on how much the automotive companies open up their systems for third party developers. However, car manufacturers need to standardize on common solutions to drive the market and open systems to create the necessary critical mass among app developers.
- The total shipments of connected car in 2012 are expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 41.2% from 2013 to 2018. This would account for more than 50.0% of total global car shipments by 2018.
- Various connectivity solutions such as LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, and HSPA are being bundled with OEM manufactured cars, apart from the existing traditional connectivity such as Bluetooth and 2G.
- North America and China would lead the way in LTE adoption, while 3G would get a boost from European countries and India.
- Middle East, North Africa, and emerging economies in countries such as Indonesia offer a better opportunity for traditional connectivity solutions.
- Automotive Semiconductor Industry to reach $18 billion by 2018
- The growth of end product market such as display and screen is directly linked to the OEM shipment of the connected car market.
- Aftermarket service is likely to witness the highest CAGR from 2013 to 2018.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Cover-Page Interview
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Definition
4.3 Evolution And History Of Connected Car Market
4.4 Major Consortiums For Connected Car
4.5 The Electric Vehicle (EV) Case For Connected Car
4.6 Business Models, Pricing, And Global Scaling Of Connected Car
4.7 Market Dynamics
4.8 Burning Issues
4.9 Winning Imperatives
4.10 Value Chain Analysis
4.11 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 Connected Car Market, By Connectivity Technology
5.2 Long Term Evolution (LTE)
6 Connected Car Market, By Connectivity Form Factor (Page No.-97)
6.2 Embedded Connectivity Form Factor
6.3 Tethered Connectivity Form Factor
6.4 Integrated Connectivity Form Factor
7 Connected Car Market, By Product And Services
7.2 Service Market
7.3 Product Market
8 Connected Car Market, By Application
8.5 Market Trend Analysis Of Different Applications
9 Connected Car Market, By Geography
10 Competitive Landscape
10.2 Market Growth Strategies
11 Company Profiles
- Audi Ag
- Bayerische Motoren Werke (Bmw) Ag
- Daimler Ag
- Delphi Automotive Llp
- Ford Motor Company
- Garmin Ltd.
- General Motors
- Harman International
- Hughes Telematics
- Hyundai Motor Co.
- Intel Corporation
- Linux Foundation
- Luxoft Ltd.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Nokia Oyj
- Nuance Communications
- Sierra Wireless
- Sony Corporation
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Tomtom International Bv
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Verizon Communications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptdjpl/connected_car
Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets