DUBLIN, Jan. 25, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Crohn's Disease: Dynamic Market Forecast to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
2016 sales for the Crohn's disease market is estimated to be approximately $9.0 billion across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European Union countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. Based on insights gathered from key opinion leaders, it is anticipated that the pipeline drugs for Crohn'd disease will impact the treatment landscape.
Crohn's disease is a form of inflammatory bowel disease, which is comprised of two chronic autoimmune diseases that cause intestinal inflammation: Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. In Crohn's disease, chronic inflammation may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anal area; however, Crohn's disease occurs most commonly in the lower part of the small intestine (ileum) and in the large intestine. The pathophysiology of Crohn's disease is complex, as the disease is characterized by recurring flares that evolve along with periods of inactivity and remission.
By the end of the forecast period in 2026, sales will increase to $13.8 billion at a compound annual growth rate of 4.4%. This growth will be driven by continued strong uptake of Johnson & Johnson's interleukin 12/23 (IL-12/23) inhibitor Stelara in addition to the anticipated launches of IL-23 inhibitors, anti-integrin therapies, and novel oral therapies, which will provide more treatment options for physicians to choose from.
Major barriers to the growth of the Crohn's disease market during the forecasted years include patent expiries of key biologics will cause decreases in sales due to the launch of biosimilars and subsequent brand erosion, such as J&J's Remicade and AbbVie's Humira; pricing pressures and reimbursement issues; and the challenging environment for new market entrants given the established biologics market in Crohn's disease.
- Increased Competition for Phase III Oral Small Molecules
- Anti-interleukin Therapies to Drive Growth in the Crohn's Disease Market
- Stem Cell Therapies to Fulfill an Unmet Need in a Niche Patient Population
Components of the slide deck include:
- Timeline of market-impacting events
- Key clinical trial landscape updates
- Detailed analysis of the most impactful events, including new primary research to gain Key Opinion Leader perspective
- Overview of updates to the forecast model based on anticipated future impact of events
- Forward-looking events calendar listing expected key updates to the Crohn's disease competitive space through March 2019
Other events included in the analysis include:
- Regulatory filings
- Approval decisions
- Pricing changes
- Patent litigation
- Clinical trial data announcements
- Clinical trial failures
- Clinical trial timeline updates.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Crohn's disease market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Crohn's disease market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Identify key pricing and reimbursement strategies.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Forecasting Service Overview
2. Executive Summary
2.1 Key Updates to Crohn's Disease Market Dynamics
2.2 Key Events in Update
2.3 Updates to Pipeline Competitive Assessment
2.4 Market Insight on Key Events
3. Event 1: Increased Competition for Phase III Oral Small Molecules
3.1 Key Updates to Oral Small Molecule Market Dynamics
3.2 Initiation of Phase III Trials for AbbVie's Upadacitinib
3.3 What Do Physicians Think?
3.4 Initiation of Global Development Program for Ozanimod
3.5 What Do Physicians Think?
3.6 Positive Top-Line Results Show Promise for RHB-104
4. Event 2: Anti-interleukin Therapies to Drive Growth in the Crohn's Disease Market
4.1 Key Updates to Anti-interleukin Inhibitor Market Dynamics
4.2 AbbVie Expands Potential Patient Population with New Phase III Studies for Risankizumab
4.3 J&J Places Pressure on AbbVie with an Accelerated Development Program for Its IL-23 Inhibitor
4.4 What Do Physicians Think?
5. Event 3: Stem Cell Therapies to Fulfill an Unmet Need in a Niche Patient Population
5.1 Key Updates to Stem Cell Therapy Market Dynamics
5.2 Alofisel to Fill a Clinical Unmet Need for a Niche Patient Population
5.3 Potential for Prochymal to Show a Sustained Effect, But More Data Needed
5.4 What Do Physicians Think?
6. Events Calendar
6.1 Key Events Expected to Occur from November 2018 to March 2019
- Johnson & Johnson
- RedHill Biopharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7thrw9/global_crohns?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets