The global cut flowers market was valued at US$ 34,347.23 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 49,074.09 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.04% from 2019 to 2028.
Afriflora Sher; Washington Bulb Co., Inc.; Oserian; Dummen Orange; The Queen's Flowers; The Kariki Group; Selecta one; Karen Roses; MultiFlora; and Rosebud Limited are among the well-established players in the global cut flowers market.
Based on flower type, the cut flowers market is segmented into rose, carnation, lilium, chrysanthemum & gerbera, and others. The rose segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2019. Rose plants range in size from compact, miniature roses, to climbers that can reach seven meters in height. Different species hybridize easily, and this has been used in the development of the wide range of garden roses. Cultivation of rose cut flower is a profitable crop for farmers. Selection of the right variety of flowers is an important tool in commercial floriculture.
Geographically, the cut flowers market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Europe held the largest share of the market in 2019, followed by North America.
With increasing per capita income and changing lifestyles, the demand for cut flowers in the region is growing significantly. Increase in use of cut flowers for decorative purposes and for gifting on special occasions is driving the cut flowers market in Europe.
5. Cut Flowers Market - Key Market Dynamics 5.1 Market Drivers 5.1.1 Increase in the demand of cut flowers for decorative purposes 5.1.2 Various health benefits associated with cut flowers 5.2 Market Restraints 5.2.1 Stringent conditions to be met by cut flowers 5.3 Market Opportunities 5.3.1 E-commerce Purchases 5.4 Future Trends 5.4.1 Marketing a farm story to attract customers 5.5 Impact Analysis Of Drivers And Restraints
6. Cut Flowers - Global Market Analysis 6.1 Cut Flowers Market Overview 6.2 Cut Flowers Market -Revenue and Forecast to 2028 (US$ Mn) 6.3 Market Positioning - Key Market Players
7. Global Cut Flowers Market Analysis - By Flower Type 7.1 Overview 7.2 Cut Flowers Market Breakdown, By Flower Type, 2019 & 2028 7.3 Rose 7.4 Carnation 7.5 Lilium 7.6 Chrysanthemum and Gerbera
8. Global Cut Flowers Market Analysis - By Application 8.1 Overview 8.2 Global Cut Flowers Market Breakdown, By Application, 2019 & 2028 8.3 Home 8.4 Commercial
9. Global Cut Flowers Market Analysis - By Distribution Channel 9.1 Overview 9.2 Global Cut Flowers Market Breakdown, By Distribution Channel, 2019 & 2028 9.3 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets 9.4 Specialty Store/Florists 9.5 Online Retail