ALBANY, New York, Feb. 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Advances in instrumentation for harvest of uniform skin grafts have helped propel evolution of the Dermatome Devices Market, notes a new study by Transparency Market Research (TMR). Rise in demand for skin grafting procedures in burn patients and growing popularity of powered dermatome devices in these procedures have expanded their avenue in the medical industry. The global dermatome devices market is anticipated to clock a CAGR of ~4.5% from 2019 to 2027.
Growing incidence of chronic wounds and severe burn injuries in various parts of the wolrd has spurred demand for plastic and reconstructive surgeries, opening a vast avenue in the skin grafting systems market. Prevalence of hard-to-heal diabetic foot ulcers in developed nations has catalyzed technology advancements in dermatome devices.
"Powered dermatomes have a great role to play in defining the pace of innovation in the dermatome devices market. Their remarkable precision has been key to their widespread preference over knife and drum dermatomes in skin grafting procedures", note analysts at TMR. "Most players find it imperative to test new technologies to stay relevant in the market", they assert.
Read Detailed TOC of the Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/report-toc/70050
Key Findings of Dermatome Devices Market Study
- Of all the product types, air dermatome is expected to lead the global dermatome device market throughout the assessment period; they find extensive use in the treatment of trauma injuries and chronic ulcers
- The segment of powered dermatome devices are expected to rise at prominent CAGR during 2019 – 2027
- Of all the end users in the dermatome devices, hospitals held the leading share in 2018. Demands in ambulatory surgical procedures are expected to rise at rapid growth rate from 2019 to 2027
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the most attractive CAGR during 2019 – 2027; sizable demands come from patients with chronic burn injuries and due to rising incidence of skin care
Explore 152 pages of top-notch research, incisive insights, and detailed country-level projections. Gain business intelligence on Dermatome Devices Market (Product Type: Drum Dermatome, Air Dermatome, Knife Dermatome, and Powered Dermatome; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Specialty Clinics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027 at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=70050
Dermatome Devices Market: Key Driving Factors
Growing clinical potential of dermatome devices in skin reconstructive surgeries for various categories of patients is a key trend shaping the prospects of the dermatome devices market. Substantial uptake of dermatome devices in procedures for chronic wounds healing is a key drive for worldwide demand. A few statistics support the trend.
- According to the Wound Healing Society, about 15% of older adults in the U.S. suffer from chronic wounds.
- According to a research funded by the Korea government, the global prevalence of diabetic foot varies from 3% (Oceania) to 13% (North America); the global average is 6.4%
- Substantial numbers of cosmetic surgeries has spurred the demand for dermatome devices. According to the International Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS), around 23 million of them were performed in 2013 (the statistics holds good for 95 member countries).
Key Impediments Dermatome Devices Market Players
Despite rapid advances in techniques and technologies used in skin grafting procedures, technology still has to evolve rapid to keep up with the pace of rising needs from reconstructive surgeons for obtaining uniform graft with the correct thickness. The lack of state-of-the-art automated devices has created an unmet need in skin grafting procedures in developing regions.
Dermatome Devices Market: Region-wise Analysis
- North America is a prominent regional market and is likely to gain shares in the dermatome devices market by the end of the forecast period. Currently, the prominent share that the region holds can be attributed to the presence of robust healthcare facilities in skin reconstructive patients. A major chunk of demands in the region comes from the U.S. and Canada, where medical device makers have been unveiling novel technologies
- Latin America and the Middle East and Africa are expected to be remarkably prominent markets. A large growth prospect come from Brazil and Mexico, fueled particularly by medical tourism.
Analyze dermatome devices market growth in 30+ countries including US, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, ASEAN, India, China, and Japan. Request a sample of the study.
A number of players aspiring for sizable stakes in the dermatome devices market find it worthwhile to focus on new product development activities. Top players are putting bets on inorganic growth strategies, notably mergers and acquisitions. In addition, they are also leveraging the potential of various organic strategies with the aim of boosting their product portfolio.
Top players in 2018 comprised of B. Braun Melsungen AG, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., and Integra Life Sciences Holdings Corporation. Some of the other leading companies are Surtex Instruments Limited, Richard Wolf GmbH, and Aygun Co., Inc.
Purchase this Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=70050<ype=S
The global dermatome devices market is segmented on the basis of:
- Drum Dermatome
- Air Dermatome
- Knife Dermatome
- Powered Dermatome
- Electric Dermatome
- Battery Operated Dermatome
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Explore Transparency Market Research's award-winning coverage of the global Healthcare industry:
Skin Grafts Market - The global skin grafts market is expected to rise at a healthy pace in the forecast period. This is mainly due to increasing awareness among people regarding availability of surgical procedure to cure dead skin. Skin graft involves transplantation of dead skin from a healthy skin. It includes slicing entire skin section from donor's skin.
Reconstructive Surgery Market - High prevalence of birth anomalies and cancer, increase in the geriatric population with spine disorders, surge in patient awareness programs, and rise in research and development initiatives for reconstructive surgery are the major factors driving the global reconstructive surgery market.
Health & Wellness Services Market - Increase in indirect health care costs associated with lack of productivity of employees, absenteeism, loss of work days, and other factors have led employers in various organization across the world to indulge in health & wellness service offerings at their workplace. This helps them reduce healthcare costs and increase productivity and efficiency of employees.
Wound Healing Market - The rising need for advanced wound care products, owing to the rising number of accidents across the globe is projected to encourage the growth of the wound healing market in the next few years. According to the market research study published by Transparency Market Research, the global wound healing market is expected to reach a value of US$35,065.7 mn by the end of 2025. The market is predicted to register a healthy 4.80% CAGR between 2017 and 2025.
Gain access to Market Ngage, an AI-powered, real-time business intelligence that goes beyond the archaic research solutions to solve the complex strategy challenges that organizations face today. With over 15,000+ global and country-wise reports across 50,000+ application areas, Market Ngage is your tool for research on-the-go. From tracking new investment avenues to keeping a track of your competitor's moves, Market Ngage provides you with all the essential information to up your strategic game. Power your business with Market Ngage's actionable insights and remove the guesswork in making colossal decisions.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision."
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Transparency Market Research