DUBLIN, Nov. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM): Global Markets to 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides a review of the global DRAM market according to its different available types, subtypes and generations, and application areas.
Technology migration and the successful scaling up of new technologies are likely to be the keys to profit growth for DRAM industry stakeholders, rather than production capacity expansion during the study period of this report. Product design and processing require high levels of technical expertise and a significant investment in the product and process development stage.
Compared to 10 years ago, only three major DRAM companies-Samsung, SK Hynix and Micron- survived to enjoy the higher profits after market consolidation. Samsung dominates the DRAM market in terms of revenue generation, but all the major suppliers are relatively balanced in terms of impacting DRAM prices.
With the growth of transactional data, cloud computing and data analytics, next-generation workloads will require higher-performance storage. This will drive the growth and technology innovation in the entire memory device industry. The industry has seen a significant diversification of demand in the last few years, and a higher portion of DRAM demand now comes from various applications, including mobile handsets and automotive, industrial and networking applications.
Requirements for more complicated features, including dual cameras, artificial intelligence applications for smartphones and robust demand for data center servers, are the key driving factors for DRAM industry growth in the next five years. DRAM demand is also booming for the emergence of a wide range of consumer and automobile products and technologies, including 4K televisions, autonomous cars and voice-activated devices. The DRAM product lifecycle is very short, typically two to three years. As the DRAM industry matures and competition for the next generation of electronic devices becomes tougher, the product lifecycle is getting shorter due to the speed of technology innovation. In this sense, DRAM providers need a specified and speedy strategy from technology innovation to product design and sales.
DRAM suppliers are mostly investing in technology transition and process optimization, as opposed to the expansion of production capacity. This is likely to keep the 2018 prices similar to those of the second half of 2017. In 2018, DRAM manufacturers will mainly focus on continuing their flexibility in product mix strategy and strengthening cost competitiveness through the expansion of 1X-nanometer process migration.
The PC DRAM market is already saturated and shrinking, but DRAM and DRAM module manufacturers are trying to gain cost advantages by raising the share of gaming products in their product mixes and keeping their own DRAM inventories at optimal levels. This is likely to create a shortage of PC DRAM modules by the end of 2019, resulting in a significant increase in PC DRAM ASP.
The scope of this report is wide and includes:
- A detailed discussion of the DRAM market and technology background.
- Detailed study of different DRAM types, different generations of each type and their market potential for various end-use application sectors.
- Analysis of the market's value, with data from 2015, 2016 and 2017, and its projections for 2018, including five-year compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Analysis of country-based DRAM manufacturing markets.
- Discussion of industry structure, key players and their market shares, technology market strategies, DRAM demand and bit volume growth, DRAM production capacities by company and DRAM pricing trends.
- Focus on other influential factors, such as patents and company profiles.
- The report will mainly highlight the SDRAM market, as all earlier DRAM technology types have become nearly obsolete. The DRAM aftermarket is specifically excluded from the study, as it is considered beyond the scope of this report. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market, including Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Etron Technology Inc., Innodisk Corp., Intel Corp., Kingston Technology Co. Inc. and Micron Technology Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographical Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- Custom Research
- Related Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- DRAM Market, by Density
- Technology Background
- Different DRAM Architectures
- Key Market Drivers
- Favorable Supply and Demand Situation
- Expanding Application Potential
- Advent of Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Expansion of Cloud Services
- Key Market Challenges
- High Initial Investment
- Emerging Memory Innovations
- Technical Difficulty in Process Scaling
- Declining Market of Personal Computer Devices
- Technology Trend
- Demand for Higher Density
- Long-Life of Trouble-Free Operation
- Process Node Shrink Smaller and Smaller
- Industry Structure
- Production Capacity
- DRAM Price Structure
- Key Business Strategies
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- Global DRAM Market by Technology and Architecture
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
- Global DRAM Market by Application
- DRAM Bit Volume Growth
- Desktop Personal Computer DRAM
- Global Market for Mobile Devices
- Global Market for Server DRAM
- DRAM Market for Automobiles
- DRAM Market for Consumers Electronics
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Country
- Global Market for DRAM Manufacturers, by Country
- Taiwan Market for DRAM Manufacturers
- U.S. Market for DRAM Manufacturers
- South Korean Market for DRAM Manufacturers
- China Market for DRAM Manufacturers
Chapter 7 Patent Review and New Developments
- Patent Review
- Patents by Year
- Patent by Country
- Patent Review by Assignee
- Patent Review, by Technology
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Adata Technology Co. Ltd.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Apacer Technology Inc.
- ATP Electronics Inc.
- Cervoz Co. Ltd.
- Corsair Components Inc.
- Edge Tech Corp.
- Essencore Ltd.
- Etron Technology Inc.
- Golden Emperor International Ltd.
- G. Skill International Enterprise Co. Ltd.
- Innodisk Corp.
- Integrated Silicon Solutions Inc.
- Intel Corp.
- Kingston Technology Co. Inc.
- MA Labs Inc.
- Micron Technology Inc.
- Nanya Technology Corp.
- Netlist Inc.
- OM Associates Pvt. Ltd.
- PNY Technologies Inc.
- Powerchip Technology Corp.
- Promos Technologies
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Ramaxel Technology (Shenzhen) Ltd.
- Rambus Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Shenzhen Jintaike Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Smart Modular Technologies Inc.
- Stec Inc.
- Team Group Inc.
- Transcend Information Inc.
- Winbond Electronics Corp.
- Wintec Industries Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2v2f3m/global_dynamic?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets