The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Motors in US$ Million by the following Segments:
Fractional HP Motors
Integral HP Motors (AC Motors, DC Motors).
The report profiles 396 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Baldor Electric Company
Allied Motion Technologies, Inc.
ARC Systems Inc.
Asmo Co., Ltd.
Bauer Gear Motor
Brook Crompton UK Ltd.
CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited
Franklin Electric Co. Inc.,
General Electric Company
Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co., Ltd.
Hyosung Power & Industrial Systems Performance Group
Kirloskar Electric Company Ltd.
Nanyang Explosion Protection Group Co. Ltd.
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Sanyo Denki America Inc.
Shinano Kenshi Co., Ltd.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation
Toshiba International Corporation
WEG Electric Corp.
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW The Ubiquity of Electric Motors: A Primer Market Fundamentals An Insight into the Global Market for Electric Motors Key Growth Drivers Higher Efficiency Motors Need of the Hour Increased Emphasis on Energy-Efficiency Fuels Improved Motor Design Technologies Electric Motors A Key Component for Various Application Markets Outlook Asia-Pacific Leads the Electric Motor Market The Latin American, Middle East and African Market for Electric Motors Fractional HP Motors Holds Lion's Share Competitive Scenario Consolidation Trends
2. MARKET DYNAMICS, TRENDS & ISSUES Growth in Automotive Production Bodes Well for the Market Potential Applications of Electric Motors in Cars Select Statistical Insights Leading Competitors Brushless DC Motors to Gain Momentum in the Automotive Sector Compact, High Torque Electric Motors Rise in Popularity in the Auto Industry Growing Transition to Electric Vehicles Opens-Up Opportunities for Electric Motors Large-Size Electric Motors Set to Dominate the Electric Auto Market Hybrid Electric Vehicles to Boost Market for Electric Motors Electric Vehicles to Emerge as Major End-Market for Electric Motors in Future Increasing Use of AGVs in Material-Handling Triggers Electric Motor Demand Energy Efficiency Standards Gain Momentum High-Efficiency Motors Gain Over Standard Motors Motor Efficiency Directives Turbo-Charge Low Voltage Motors Market A Peek Into How High-Efficiency Motors Benefit the Environment? Correlation between Increase in Motor Drive Efficiency & CO2 Emissions Global Motor Efficiency Regulations and Standards (Mandatory & Voluntary) Quieter Operation: A Challenge to Reckon With Limited Portability in Heavy Appliances Restraining Growth Electric Motors to Steadily Replace Gas Turbines Rising Miniaturization in Medical Devices, Robotics & Consumer Electronics Spur Compact Electric Motor Market Will Magnet Motors be Replaced by Alternative Solutions? Efficient Fractional Horse-Power Motors Witness Soaring Demand Switch from AC to DC/EC Motors Order of the Day Leading Players Adopt Consolidation Strategy with Electrical Solutions & Services Significance of Industrial Motors and IEE Standards Thriving Home Sales Propel Demand for Electric Motors Barrage of Smart Phones and Hand-held Gadgets Pump up Electric Motor Segment Growth-Spurt of Luxury Cars in Developing Regions Bodes Well for the Electric Motors Market Brushless DC Motors Gain Momentum Integrated Brushless DC Motors Challenge AC Servo Integrated Motors Developments in Brushless DC Motor & Drives Influences Demand Growth Growth for Linear Motors to Stem from Emerging Applications Areas Custom Built Motors: The New Flavor of the Market Mass-Customization and Demand for Connectivity Fuel Electric Motors Growth Increasing Mass-Customized Solutions Rising Integrated Motion between Motor Types Application-Specific Motors Influence Demand Affordability in Motors and Control Electronics Fuels Demand Prompting Drive-by-Wire Designs Plant & Process Automation Spurs Growth in Electric Motors Emerging Economies Largest Consumers whilst Developed Nations Largest Importers of IHP Motors Quality & Pricing: Critical Factors for IHP Motors Raw Material Shortages Cast a Long Shadow of Worry Alternative Motion Control Technologies: A Challenge to Reckon With End-User Best Practices for Enhanced Electric Motor Efficiency Percentage Share Breakdown by Opportunity Improved Motor-Mechanical Subsystem Integration, Process Utilization and Optimization, Motor Efficiency Enhancement and Improved Electrical Distribution (includes corresponding Graph/Chart) Other Statistical Findings
3. TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS Innovation in the Motor Industry Gradually Picking Up Pace Major Innovations in the Motor Industry over the Years Development of Planetary Motor, a Higher Efficiency Electric Motor Model Rotating Drive Train Technology for the Electric Motor Smart Solutions for Electric Motors Q-Sync, A Smart Synchronous, High Efficiency Electric Motor Networking, Sensing and IoT for Motor-Driven Designs Influence of IoT on Electric Motors and Related Technology Siemens' Innovative Motors-SIVETEC MRI & SIVETEC MRS for Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Functioning of an Electric Motor Typical Application Areas of Small Electric Motors Traditional Classification of Electric Motors Benefits Derived from Electric Motors Drawbacks of Electric Motors Classification of Electric Motors by Horsepower (Hp) Fractional Horsepower Motors Integral Horsepower Motors Electric Motors by Technology Type DC Motors DC Motor Types DC Brush Motors Brushless DC (BLDC) Motors Brushed Motors vs. Brushless Motors A Comparative Summary Limited-Angle Torque Motors Linear DC Motors PM DC Motors Coreless DC Motors AC Motors AC Motor Types Single-phase AC Induction Motors (ACIM) Three-phase (Polyphase) AC Induction Motors Single-phase AC Synchronous Motors Three-phase AC Synchronous Motors Stepper Motors Reluctance Motors Definite and Special-Purpose Motors Motor Starters Universal Motors Gear Motors AC Gear Motors DC Gear Motors Servo Motors AC Servo Motors DC Servo Motors Energy Savings of Efficient Electric Motors Factors Determining Cost and Energy Efficiency of Electric Motors New Installation Precautions Motor Replacement Retrofit Frequent Lubrication Protection from Harsh Operating Environment Frequent Checks Motor Circuit Record
5. PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS/LAUNCHES Toshiba Introduces New Tosh-ECO IEC Low Voltage Motor for Severe Duty Applications with IE3 Efficiency Levels Rockwell Automation Introduces New Line of Allen-Bradley Kinetix VPC Servo Motors for Improving Machine Performance LEESON Electric Introduces Higher Horsepower Stainless Steel Motors with 300 Series SST Exterior Components in 180T-210T Frames Toshiba Introduces Low Voltage EQP Global Severe Duty Cooling Tower Motor PITTMAN Introduces DC022C Series Brush- Commutated DC Motors for High-Tech Motion Applications Toshiba International Introduces New Petrochem SD+ Medium Voltage Motor SANYO DENKI Expands SANMOTION R Servo System Line with New AC Servo Motors Pittman Releases EC044A and EC042B Series Brushless Motors with Rated Torque Ranging from 0.04 to 8.8Nm Minn Kota Introduces New PowerDrive Motors PowerDrive V2 and Riptide PowerDrive Trolling Motors Filter Focus Introduces ABLE Range of Electric Motors WEG to Introduce New WG20 Geared Motor Product Line with Torque Ratings from 50 to 600 Nm TMEIC Introduces New TM21-G Family of Induction Motors for Various Industrial Applications Marotechniek Develops New Electric Underwater Motor LEESON Expands Crop Dryer Motor Line with Single Phase 16HP Motor PITTMAN Motors Launches DC032A Series of Brush DC Motors with Continuous Torque Ranging from 0.027-0.034 Nm PITTMAN Motors Launches EC044A Series of Slotted Brushless DC Motors Baldor Electric Introduces Baldor?Reliance Crusher Duty Motors for Severe Crushing Applications Johnson Electric Introduces High Torque Motor Platform for Variable Geometry Turbochargers
6. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Honda and Hitachi Collaborate to Form Hitachi Automotive Electric Motor Systems Visedo Inks Landmark Production and Co-operation Agreement with TECO to Strengthen Heavy Electric Vehicles Motor Businesses WEG Establishes Major Service Center to Ensure Quick Service Support for Large Electric Motors and Generators in Brazil Nidec Concludes Takeover of Emerson Electric's Motors, Drives & Electric Power Generation Businesses Quadrofoil Teams-Up with Podkrinik to Manufacture, Test and Fine-Tune Motor Prototypes Fortive Separates from Danaher and Establishes as an Independent, Publicly Traded Corporation Nidec Acquires ANA IMEP to Strengthen Appliance Motor Businesses Russian Electric Motors Inks Agreement with Nidec for Manufacture of 250 New Large Electric Motors WEG to Acquire Bluffton Motor Works to Expand Fractional Electric Motor Businesses TMEIC Establishes New Subsidiary in Thailand to Expand Southeast Asian Businesses Allied Motion Technologies Acquires Heidrive to Advance Growth Strategy TMEIC Completes Construction of New Motor Factory in India to Deliver Highly Competitive Products Nidec Completes Acquisition of US-Based KB Electronics and Expand Drives and Controls for AC and DC Motors BorgWarner to Acquire Remy International to Expand Alternators, Starters and Hybrid Motors Businesses Avantha Group Inks Global Supply Agreement for Electrical Motors with Cement Major Lafarge MAHLE Group Takes Over Letrika Franklin Electric Acquires Pluga Pumps in Gujarat while Franklin Fueling Systems Takes Over Wadcorpp India Timken Takes Over Schulz Group TMEIC Acquires Indian Subsidiary of AEG Power Solutions Nidec Corporation Takes Over Honda Elesys WEG Electric Group Takes Over Two Chinese Motor Companies WEG Electric Group Acquires German Producer of Motors and Gearboxes Toshiba International's Motors & Drives Division Undergoes Corporate Restructuring Troy Industrial Solutions Takes Over B&J Electric Motor Repair Regal Beloit Takes Over Italian Subsidiary of ABG-Cemp
7. FOCUS ON SELECT KEY PLAYERS
8. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 396 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 461)