The Global Frozen Bread market is expected to reach USD 5.4 billion by 2023 and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.3%, during the forecast period. North America continues to dominate the market followed by Europe.
The Global Frozen Bread sale has surpassed 1,632 million Kg in 2017, registering a CAGR of 2.4%, during the forecast period. The consumption of Frozen Bread has observed a healthy growth during the past five years.
Increased shelf life, busy lifestyle and convenience are various factors driving the frozen bread sale. Middle East is the fastest growing market driven by increased food product import, changing lifestyle and increased consumer taste for free from frozen bread. Consumers demand for new varieties of Frozen bread different region and culture are accelerating the frozen bread market growth.
Free-from and Clean Labels on the Rise
Frozen bread are free from artificial preservatives, which makes it healthier compared to conventional bread available in the market. Rising consumer awareness for long term adverse health effect of artificial additives has fueled the frozen bread demand. However, the texture after reheating the frozen bread is affecting consumer purchasing behavior. It ensures the bread supply over the year due to increased shelf life. It also offers convenience to in store bakeries, food service restaurants, cafes, etc by maintaining both freshness and quality of bread.
Rising consumer demands for healthier bread without compromising the quality is driving the frozen bread market growth. Companies have focused on organic and natural products launch to sustain market competition as many small players with innovative products. About 56% of the global consumers are looking for no artificial preservatives or additives products.
North America Dominates the Market
North America Frozen Bread market accounts for over 35% of the global consumption by value. US is the largest market which surpass a volume consumption of 251 million Kg in 2015, which is expected to reach 281 million Kg by 2023. Despite of declining bread sale in the region, frozen bread performed well over the past few years. Organic, natural, and health claim on frozen bread are the key trend in the region. Increased international population that are seeking for healthier bakery products has supported the market growth. Rising consumer preference for value added, ethnic, fresh, and artisanal Frozen Breads are the primary factor driving sales.
Supermarket/hypermarket remains the dominant retail distribution channel accounting for more than 50% of the sale. Specialist retailers and convenience stores have maintained a stable growth rate of 3% over the past five years. Supermarkets are expected to register the fastest growth rate.
December 2017 - Rudi's which, a leading supplier of certified organic Frozen Bread in US launched new gluten-free sandwich Frozen Bread under its gluten-free bakery brand made with honey
Key Topics Covered
1. Introduction 1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study 1.2 Study Assumptions 1.3 Scope of the Market
2. Research Approach and Methodology 2.1 Introduction 2.2 Research Design 2.3 Study Timelines 2.4 Study Phases 2.4.1 Secondary Research 2.4.2 Discussion Guide 2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling 2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview 3.1 Market Trends 3.2 Market Dynamics 3.2.1 Drivers 220.127.116.11 Rising Demand for Additive Free, Natural and Convenience 18.104.22.168 Expanding Retail Channels 22.214.171.124 Growing Consumption of Free-from/Gluten-free Bread 3.2.2 Restraints 126.96.36.199 Consumer Demand for Freshly Prepared Bread Over Packaged Products 188.8.131.52 Fluctuating Commodity Prices 3.2.3 Opportunities 3.2.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis 184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers 18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants 22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitute Products and Services 126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation 4.1 By Distribution Channel 4.1.1 Convenience Stores 4.1.2 Specialist Retailers 4.1.3 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets 4.1.4 Online Retail 4.1.5 Variety Stores 4.1.6 Other Distribution Channels 4.2 By Geography 4.2.1 North America 188.8.131.52 United States 184.108.40.206 Canada 220.127.116.11 Mexico 4.2.2 Europe 18.104.22.168 Western Europe 22.214.171.124.1 Germany 126.96.36.199.2 United Kingdom 188.8.131.52.3 France 184.108.40.206.4 Italy 220.127.116.11.5 Spain 18.104.22.168.6 Rest of Western Europe 22.214.171.124 Central Europe 126.96.36.199.1 Poland 188.8.131.52.2 Russia 184.108.40.206.3 The Czech Republic 220.127.116.11.4 Hungary 18.104.22.168.5 Rest of Central Europe 4.2.3 Asia-Pacific 22.214.171.124 China 126.96.36.199 India 188.8.131.52 Japan 184.108.40.206 Australia 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific 4.2.4 South America 18.104.22.168 Argentina 22.214.171.124 Brazil 126.96.36.199 Colombia 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America 4.2.5 Middle East & Africa 184.108.40.206 South Africa 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia 18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
5. Competitive Landscape 5.1 Market Share Analysis 5.2 Strategy Adopted by Key Players 5.3 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6. List of Company Profiles 6.1 Overview 6.2 Products & Services 6.3 Financials 6.4 Key Developments 6.5 Strategies Adopted 6.6 SWOT Analysis of Major Five Players
7. Companies Covered 7.1 Aryzta AG 7.2 Rich Products Corp 7.3 Gonnella Baking Co 7.4 EDNA International GmbH 7.5 George Weston Limited 7.6 Sunbulah Group 7.7 Bridgford Foods Corporation 7.8 Gonnella Baking Company 7.9 Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de CV 7.10 Emad Bakeries 7.11 Flowers Foods Inc 7.12 Wenner Bakery