DUBLIN, July 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gqdng8/global_fuel_cell) has announced the addition of the "Global Fuel Cell Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2020" report to their offering.
The global market for fuel cells is forecast to peg over USD3 billion through 2020
Majority adoption of fuel cell technology is taking place in stationary and transport applications. Being a clean energy source, the adoption of fuel cell technology has been growing at a tremendous pace in both developed as well as developing economies.
Major brands like Apple, AT&T, Walmart, eBay, Coca-Cola, and Adobe are already using fuel cell technology in their in-house power generation facility. South Korea, in particular, has emerged as a major development center for fuel cell technology. Power-backup, combined heat and power units and automobiles are the key application areas where fuel cells are currently being used.
Rising integration of fuel cell technology in automobiles, telecom towers and material handling equipment is creating significant growth prospects for fuel cell market globally. Asia-Pacific is emerging as one of the leading markets for fuel cells due to their growing adoption in countries like Japan and South Korea. Although the market penetration is currently very low in various major developing economies such as China, India and Indonesia, these countries offer huge growth potential in the long run.
As far as developed economies are concerned, fuel cells are yet to witness market maturation in markets like Europe and the US due to their continuous demand across diverse end-use industries. Fuel cells also have an edge over other power generating sources as these uses hydrogen or natural gas in the form of fuel and are free from carbon emissions. Considering the environment related benefits, government agencies are also encouraging the adoption of fuel cells in industries through various incentives and subsidies.
Recent Industry Trends & Developments
- Asia Pacific Region Dominating Global Fuel Cell Market
- Stationary Fuel Cells: The Market Leader
- Increasing Number of Fuel Cell Patents
- Methanol Fuel Systems for Telecom Sector
- Hydrogen Infrastructure and Energy Storage
- Toyota Sharing Fuel Cell Vehicle Patent for Free
- Increasing Number of Fuel Cell & Fuel Cell Vehicles
- Europe Focusing on Reducing Green House Gas Emissions
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Analyst View
3. Fuel Cell Technology: An Overview
4. Global Fuel Cell Market Outlook
5. North America Fuel Cell Market Outlook
6. Europe Fuel Cell Market Outlook
7. Asia-Pacific Fuel Cell Market Outlook
8. Rest Of World Fuel Cell Market Outlook (includes Africa, Middle East & South America)
9. Global Fuel Cell Market Dynamics
10. Recent Industry Trends & Developments
11. Competitive Landscape
12. Strategic Recommendation
- AFC Energy PLC
- Ballard Power System, Inc.
- Bloom Energy
- Ceramic Fuel Cells Limited
- Ceres Power Holdings PLC
- Doosan Corporation
- FuelCell Energy, Inc.
- Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies Pte. Ltd.
- Hydrogenics Corporation
- POSCO Energy Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Plug Power, Inc.
- Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc.
- Toshiba Fuel Cell Power Systems Corp.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gqdng8/global_fuel_cell
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets