LONDON, June 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- By application area, crop-based end-uses of pesticides are likely to maintain the fastest growth in terms of volume consumed and value demand during the similar period, and retain the leading raking in terms of largest application area. The worldwide consumption of Pesticides in Crop-Based applications is the largest, estimated at 1.9 million tons in 2014 . Within Crop-Based applications, use of pesticides is the largest for protecting Grains & Cereals, estimated to account for a share of 75.6% in 2014 that equates to 1.5 million tons in volume and US$33.8 billion by value and which is expected to maintain a 2015-2020 CAGR of 6.3% and 7% .
Increased demand for restricting damage to crops has necessitated greater use of various kinds of pesticides for controlling or eliminating weeds, insects and fungi. Several developments across various formats of pesticides have been successful in countering highly resistant forms of infestations, and this trend is likely to continue into the future, too.
Factors driving the markets for pesticides applications in crops include improving crop yields to meet the requirements of increasing population and decreasing arable lands. On the other hand, regulatory authorities such as EPA (Environment Protection Agency) frequently come up with stringent laws related to curbing pesticide use for alleviating environmental damage and increasing consumer awareness about pesticide consumption, which is expected to be instrumental in slowing down growth in demand for synthetic pesticides. In addition, several highly toxic pesticides have either been banned or are in the process of being phased out, thereby opening new avenues for growth in demand for Biopesticides
Governments in several countries have come up with initiatives aimed at promoting the development and use of Biopesticides because of their low toxicity, greater safety and higher effectiveness in controlling pests. However, growth in the market has also been hampered due to the entrenched pesticides market, low per capita usage of pesticides in several regions, shrinking farm lands, and burgeoning research and development costs.
This report provides segmentation based on application type viz Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides and Other Synthetic Pesticides, while categories of Biopesticides include Bioherbicides, Bioinsecticides, Biofungicides and Other Biopesticides. Synthetic pesticides dominate the global scenario in terms of volume consumption and value demand, though Biopesticides are slated to register faster growth in both these parameters over the 2015-2020 analysis period. North America and Europe are the two largest markets for Pesticides as used in Grains & Cereals, and Asia-Pacific and Latin America are forecast as the fastest growing.
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets. The focus in this industry should be on Integrated pest management techniques and sustainable practices for an improved yield without harming the environment.
In this report we offer,
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Grain and Cereal Crop Protection Chemicals Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising opportunities and global consumer trends.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Grain and Cereal Crop Protection Chemicals Market, on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the Grain and Cereal Crop Protection Chemicals Market.
2. To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2997577/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers