DUBLIN, April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7jbhnz/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Haemophilia Therapeutics Market" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
This research service focuses on the global haemophilia therapeutics market, with a particular focus on recently FDA-approved drugs and late-stage compounds for the treatment of haemophilia A, haemophilia B, inhibitors, and von Willebrand Disease. Pipeline analysis outlines the major FDA-approved haemophilia products, which include those submitted for regulatory review and those in Phase I, II, and III of clinical development. The study also provides an overview of the major clinical trials of recently approved or late-stage pipeline candidates. Novel technologies to extend product half-life and potential future therapies for haemophilia patients have also been discussed.
Newer recombinant therapies are likely to gradually capture the share of the current leading participants, posing more of a long-term threat than a short-term one.
The new market entrants such as Biogen Idec do not have well-established marketing/sales teams or good relationships with haematologists unlike the global big pharma companies.
Moreover, global participants such as Bayer, Baxter, and Novo Nordisk have their own franchise of modified recombinant therapies in the pipeline to defend their market position.
While the pipeline of recombinant replacement factors are maturing, other newer approaches are in the early phase of clinical development.
Early proof-of-concept studies have shown that gene therapy can be a cost-effective alternative to treat haemophilia B patients.
Companies such as Chatham Therapeutics and Amsterdam Molecular Therapeutics/uniQure are currently investigating new compounds in Phase I trials.
Other novel therapeutics in early-stage pipeline include concizumab, a monoclonal antibody from Novo Nordisk, and ALN-AT3, an RNA interference therapeutic from Alnylam Pharmaceuticals.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Epidemiology and Patient Forecasts
4. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Trends and Revenue Forecasts
5. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Marketed Product Analysis
6. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Pipeline Analysis
7. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Major Clinical Milestones
8. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Product Dashboard of Recently Approved and Late-stage Pipeline Drug Candidates
9. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market- Future Therapies and Novel Technologies to Extend Half-life
10. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Timeline of Key Events
11. Haemophilia Therapeutics Market - Key Companies to Watch
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- Amsterdam Molecular Therapeutics
- Biogen Idec
- Chatham Technologies
- Novo Nordisk
- rEVO Biologics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7jbhnz/global
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets