DUBLIN, July 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c3t4wr/global_high_speed) has announced the addition of the "Global High Speed Train Seat Market by Function, by Railcar Type, by Comfort Type, by Geography - Analysis & Forecast To 2019" report to their offering.
The global high speed train seat market, by function, was valued at $9,039.3 thousand in 2014 and is projected to reach $11,483.2 thousand by 2019 at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period.
High-speed rail (HSR) is a type of rail transport that runs significantly faster than traditional rail traffic. It uses an integrated system of specialized rolling stock and dedicated tracks. Usually, the high-speed train operates on standard gauge tracks of a continuously welded rail on grade-separated right-of-way that incorporates a large turning radius in its design. The length of HSR tracks worldwide is undergoing rapid growth to meet the increasing demand of high speed transportation. As interest in high-speed rail (HSR) surges around the world, the number of countries running these trains is expected to nearly double from 2014 to 2019, which will boost the global high speed train seat market. The global market report is segmented by comfort type, function, railcar type, and geography.
Governments across the world are actively involved in developing faster and convenient modes of transportation by investing in high speed rail infrastructure projects. HSR plays a vital role in the transportation system by delivering long term conveyance solutions. It brings cities closer, thereby helping the businesses grow. It serves as an alternative to domestic aviation and saves considerable time of the commuters. HSR has a low impact on environment as compared to air and road transport, as it mitigates harmful emissions and energy consumption level.
- The market, by railcar type, was led by overland car in 2014, with a 58.4% share.
- It is projected to reach unit sales of 37,463 units by 2019, at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2014 to 2019.
- The subway car market is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 8.5% among all railcar types during the forecast period.
- Europe leads the global high speed train seat market with 60.4% market share in 2014.
- This regional market is projected to witness a CAGR of 3.9% from 2014 to 2019.
- The light comfort seat segment held the largest market share in the global high speed train seat market among all comfort type segments.
- It was valued at $5,447.4 thousand in 2014, and is estimated to reach $7,144.7 thousand by 2019, at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2019.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
5 Global Market, By Function
6 Global Market, By Railcar Type
7 Global High Speed Train Seat Market, By Comfort Type
8 Global Market, By Geography
9 Global Market: Competitive Landscape
10 Company Profiles
- Camira Fabrics Ltd. - Fainsa - Faurecia Automotive Seating - Fenix Group LLC - Freedman Seating Co. - Grammer AG - Harita Seating System Ltd. - Magna International Inc. - Saira Seats - Sears Manufacturing Company - Seats Incorporated - The C.E. White Co. - The Wise Company, Inc. - Transcal Ltd. - USSC Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c3t4wr/global_high_speed
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets