DUBLIN, Dec 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) for IoT: Market Analysis and Forecasts 2017 - 2022" report to their offering.
A Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) is an OS that manages hardware resources, hosts applications, and processes data on real-time basis. RTOS defines the real time task processing time, interrupt latency, and reliability of both hardware and applications, especially for low powered and memory constrained devices and networks.
The key difference between RTOS and a general purpose OS lies within its high degree of reliability and consistency on timing between application's task acceptance and completion.
RTOS is a critical component to build comprehensive embedded systems for Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for both consumer and industrial IoT (IIoT). Embedded RTOS is a key consideration to build mission critical, reliable IIoT applications across various industry verticals including industrial equipment, automotive, healthcare, telecommunications, government solutions, and more.
This research provides an in-depth assessment of the RTOS embedded IoT system market including following:
- Assessment of RTOS in IoT including hardware, software, and firmware
- Analysis of embedded RTOS programs to support low power network connectivity
- Evaluation of peripherals and tools to support processing of embedded systems in IoT
- Assessment of applications and industry verticals including benefits of RTOS over traditional OS
- Analysis of market segments and sub-segments with consideration towards emerging business models
- Evaluation of leading RTOS vendors, platforms, and solutions including both open source and proprietary
Forecasts included with this report address Market Segments, Sub-Segments, Application Sectors, and Business Models covering:
- Global and Regional RTOS Embedded IoT System market 2017 - 2022
- RTOS embedded connected IoT device shipment forecasts 2017 - 2022
- RTOS embedded component shipments by MCUs, MPUs, and MEMS 2017 - 2022
- Vendor market share of embedded RTOS software and RTOS embedded components
Key Topics Covered:
2 RTOS Value Chain, Architecture, and Software Ecosystem
3 Embedded RTOS IOT Market and Forecasts
4 Embedded RTOS Shipment Forecasts
5 RTOS Platforms and Solutions
6 RTOS Software and Component Vendor Analysis
7 Conclusions and Recommendations
- Amperex Technology Ltd. (ATL)
- Atmel Corporation
- Blackberry Ltd
- Emerson Network Power
- Express Logic, Inc.
- IXYS Corporation
- Johnson Controls Inc.
- Johnson Matthey
- LG Chem
- Microchip Technology
- NXP Semiconductors
- OAR corporation
- Panasonic Corp.
- Segger Microcontroller Systems
- Silicon Labs
- Texas Instruments
- Toshiba Corp
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pbw79r/real_time
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-iot-real-time-operating-systems-rtos--market-analysis-and-forecasts-2022-rtos-is-a-critical-component-to-build-comprehensive-embedded-systems-for-internet-of-things-iot-solutions---research-and-markets-300378079.html
SOURCE Research and Markets