DUBLIN, Apr. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n5mb5v/global_led_and) has announced the addition of the "Global LED and Smart Street Lighting: Market Forecast (2014 - 2025)" report to their offering.
By 2025, the LED streetlight market alone is projected to cumulatively reach $57.8 billion
There are currently 281.4 million total streetlights in the world. This number will grow to 339.9 million total streetlights by 2025. The streetlight market is currently undergoing a period of change where legacy streetlights are being replaced with new and more efficient LED or solid-state lighting technology. Taking this new technology a step further, these LED streetlights are also being networked together with communications to become smart streetlights. This study analyzes and forecasts the global market for both LED and smart street lighting through 2025.
LED streetlights will transform cities and municipalities across the globe over the next decade. LEDs offer longer lifetimes, lower energy consumption, and reduced maintenance expenses when compared with legacy streetlight technologies. In most developed countries, LEDs are already an economically beneficial alternative to existing streetlights over a period of years when energy savings are considered, despite their higher upfront cost. But in the coming 2-4 years, LED streetlights are expected to reach cost parity with legacy technologies, making their benefits to costs immediately positive. At this point, they will make sense as replacements in almost all countries. With many emerging market countries rapidly urbanizing and in need of improved urban infrastructure, this creates an enormous market opportunity.
Key questions answered in this study:
- How large will the global LED, smart, and legacy streetlight markets be by 2025?
- Which cities and countries will save the most in energy and maintenance costs by modernizing their streetlights?
- How do smart streetlights fit into larger smart city plans?
- Who are the leading vendors in each of the smart streetlight market segments?
- What cities demonstrate best practices for LED and smart streetlight projects?
- How does the data breakdown for 125 individual countries over the period 2014-2025?
Key Topics Covered:
2. Overview of LED and smart streetlight benefits
3. Challenges to LED and smart streetlight systems
4. Case studies
5. Market forecast
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n5mb5v/global_led_and
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets