DUBLIN, Nov. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Magnesium Stearate Market Analysis Report By Application (Pharmaceuticals (Lubricants, Binders), Food & Beverages, Personal Care), By Region, Vendor Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global magnesium stearate market size is projected to reach USD 652.7 million by 2025, progressing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period.
Surging demand for the product in the pharmaceutical industry is one of the key growth stimulants for the market during the forecast period.
Consumption of the product in the pharmaceutical industry is sparked by an increasing demand for inactive ingredients in drug formulations. It finds extensive usage in the pharmaceutical industry as a lubricant and as binders & fillers. Another factor boosting the demand for the product is rapidly increasing application of magnesium stearate in personal care products.
In the personal care industry, the product finds application as a texturizer, non-gelling thickener, and lubricant, among others. Increasing number of online platforms along with distribution channels is fueling the demand for personal care products, thereby spurring the demand for magnesium stearate.
The industry has witnessed a rapid increase in the demand from Asia Pacific, primarily in countries such as China, Japan, and India. Abundant source of raw materials coupled with low labor cost is prompting manufacturers of magnesium stearate to focus on establishing their manufacturing plants in these countries. In addition, promising growth in plastics production, especially in the region, is anticipated to drive a sizeable demand for the product over the forecast period.
China has emerged as the global leader in the market in terms of consumption and production of magnesium stearate. The growth of the pharmaceutical industry in the country has offered significant growth prospects to the magnesium stearate industry. The pharmaceutical industry in the country is also supported by government policies, notably under administrative bodies including the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA).
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In terms of volume, the demand in pharmaceuticals application segment is anticipated to reach 146.93 kilotons by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2017 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, the personal care segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period, owing to rising need for enhanced flow-ability of constituents in products.
- Asia Pacific held the largest share of the magnesium stearate market in 2017. It is expected to register substantial growth over the forecast period. Rising disposable income coupled with increasing number of manufacturers in the region is expected to augment the market
- In terms of volume, the China magnesium stearate market is anticipated to exceed 69 kilotons by 2025, owing to substantial demand for the product from the pharmaceutical and personal care industries. In addition, favorable FDA policies are encouraging global players to strengthen their presence in the country through significant investments
- The magnesium stearate market is highly competitive with the presence of various well-established players with extensive product portfolios
- Some of the key companies operating in the market are Kirsch Pharma GmbH, PT Halim Sakti Pratama, Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals, Nimbasia, Baerlocher GmbH, Valtris Specialty Chemicals, and FACI SPA.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Research scope & assumptions
1.3 List of data sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market snapshot
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Market segmentation & scope
3.2 Penetration and growth prospect mapping
3.3 Magnesium stearate market - Value chain analysis
3.4 Raw material outlook
3.4.1 Stearic acid
3.4.2 Stearic acid
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.5.1 Magnesium stearate
3.5.2 Stearic acid
3.6 Magnesium stearate - Market dynamics
3.6.1 Market driver analysis
184.108.40.206 Significant demand from pharmaceutical industry
220.127.116.11 Augmented usage in the personal care industry
3.6.2 Market Restraint analysis
18.104.22.168 Increasing raw material prices
3.7 Porter's Five Forces analysis
3.8 Magnesium stearate market - PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 4 Magnesium Stearate Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Application Movement Analysis & Market Share, 2017 & 2025
4.2.1 Market estimate and forecasts, in pharmaceuticals, 2017 - 2025 (Kilotons) (USD Million)
4.2.3 Binders & fillers
4.3 Personal care
4.4 Food & Beverages
Chapter 5 Magnesium Stearate Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Regional movement analysis & market share, 2017 & 2025
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
6.1 Vendor Landscape
6.2 Competitive Overview
6.3 Competitive Environment
6.4 Strategic framework
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Kirsch Pharma GmbH
- PT Halim Sakti Pratama
- Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals
- Nimbasia Stabilizers
- Baerlocher GmbH
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals
- Norac Additives LLC
- Faci S.p.A.
- James M. Brown Ltd.
- Sun Ace Kakoh (Pte.) Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3pjdr6/global_magnesium?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets