DUBLIN, Apr. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
) has announced the addition of the
report to their offering.
The analysts forecast the Global Maritime VSAT market to grow at a CAGR of 7.61 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing requirement of reduction in operational cost. The Global Maritime VSAT market has also been witnessing the increasing adoption of on-board broadband services. However, the on-board technical issues could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
The report, Global Maritime VSAT Market Report, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Maritime VSAT market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
In recent years, the expansion of terrestrial networks, cellular networks, and microwave and satellite coverage in several continents has increased significantly. Although maritime communication has improved over the years, it still lags behind the advanced communication technology used on land.
The convergence of voice, video, and data to all-IP networks has simultaneously simplified the users' requirement. However, the users now know that it is possible to connect every device and data source on a ship to a single network, and they expect that solutions should be as simple as their home enterprise solutions.
However, the IP revolution has also driven an explosion of new products and services. In recent years, the demand for broadband services in the Maritime industry is increasing rapidly due to the growing adoption of IP-based applications for a seamless connection with the land-based operations.
In addition, commercial vessels require high-speed connections to run on-board business, maintain vessel management, and maintenance applications. Further, for retaining crew members, several vessel owners are providing on-board broadband internet connection and VoIP connectivity.
Key Topics Covered:
01. Executive Summary
02. Scope of the Report
03. Market Research Methodology
04. List of Abbreviations
06. Technical Specifications
07. Market Landscape
08. Maritime VSAT Market Segmentation
09. Maritime VSAT Service Market Segmentation by Technology
10. Global Maritime VSAT Terminals
11. Maritime VSAT Terminals Segmentation by Technology
12. Geographical Segmentation
13. Buying Criteria
14. Market Growth Drivers
15. Drivers and their Impact
16. Market Challenges
17. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
18. Market Trends
19. Trends and their Impact
20. Vendor Landscape by Maritime VSAT Platform
21. Key Vendor Analysis - Maritime VSAT Platform
22. Vendor Landscape - Maritime VSAT Operators
23. Key Vendor Analysis - Maritime VSAT Platform
24. Other Reports in this Series
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp.
- DTS Inc.
- Elektrikom B.V.
- Eutelsat Communication Inc.
- Globalcomm Communication Inc.
- Harris CapRock Communications Inc.
- Hughes Satellite Systems Corp.
- ITC Global Inc.
- Inmarsat Plc.
- KVH Industries Inc.
- MTN Satellite Communications Inc.
- NSSL Global Ltd.
- OmniAccess S.L.
- Orange Business Service Pvt. Ltd.
- Radio Hollad Group BV
- RigNet Inc.
- STM Networks Inc.
- STM Networks Inc..
- SingTel Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- SpeedCast Ltd.
- Telemar Scandinavia AB
- Telespazio SpA.
- VT iDirect Inc.
- ViaSat Inc.
- Vizada Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cd3ms2/global_maritime
Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets