LONDON, April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Advanced batteries or next generation batteries have become quite popular these days. Not only do next gen batteries give off lower emissions, but they also have a longer lifespan and can easily be integrated into a power grid to make an energy storage system. Such systems are reducing the electricity costs globally and are also lowering the emissions of GHGs. Advanced batteries are also being used in the transportation industry.
There are many different types of advanced batteries available today. Common factor amongst all of them is that they have a very high density of energy. Lithium and nickel-based batteries are the most common type of advanced batteries available on the market today. Application areas for these batteries range from consumer electronics to mobile phones to electric vehicles.
Having a greater cycle and operational life, advanced batteries can be remotely monitored as well. However, while these batteries have a significant number of advantages, the cost of advanced batteries still needs to come down.
The worldwide market for advanced batteries is growing at a rapid pace with the market already crossing $27 billion in 2014. The global market for advanced batteries is expected to be worth over $55 billion by the year 2020, with electric vehicles accounting for the biggest share of the market.
Taiyou Research presents an analysis of the Global Market for Advanced Batteries. The report covers the following:
- Introduction to energy storage devices, what they are, various types of energy storage devices and the use of advanced batteries as energy storage devices.
- An overview of advanced batteries including their advantages, types of batteries such as Lithium-ion, lithium-ion polymer battery, nickel-cadmium battery, nickel metal hydride battery, SILX battery technology, smart nano batteries and the applications of such advanced batteries are explored.
- An analysis of the global market for advanced batteries with an industry profile, industry value analysis by revenues (in USD Billion), industry segmentation through usage of advanced batteries in mobile phones, consumer electronics and electric vehicles. The global market for lithium-based batteries is analyzed along with the market for nickel-based batteries as well. A price analysis of advanced batteries is carried out along with a look at the competition in the industry and market share analysis of the major industry players.
- Impacts on the global advanced battery market are analyzed through industry growth drivers and industry challenges.
- Key markets in the global advanced battery industry are analyzed in the report through an industry profile, industry value analysis by revenues, industry segmentation and regulatory framework impacting the markets. Markets analyzed include China, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Major industry players in the global market for advanced batteries are analyzed through a company overview, financial analysis and a SWOT analysis. Players analyzed include BYD Company Limited, Ener1 Inc, GS Yuasa Corporation, LG Chem, Panasonic Corporation, Saft Groupe SA, China BACK Battery, Ener Del, Hitachi Maxell and Samsung SDI.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2855277/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48