DUBLIN, Mar 03, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Bionics: Technologies and Global Markets" report to their offering.
While some bionic devices are commercially available at present, the real market for bionics is long-term. The report therefore will focus mainly on identifying bionic technologies that are under development and the conditions that will determine which ones reach the market and the quantities that could potentially be sold. Given the long-term nature of the market, the report has a 10-year time frame (i.e., 2016 to 2026).
Certain other types of devices, which fit this report's definition of bionic, such as bionic penises, are excluded because they are experimental and the potential commercial market for them over the next 10 years is small or non-existent.
Neural implants are covered only to the extent that they form part of an electromechanical system such as a bionic arm, but are excluded if they are purely electronic/electrical in nature (e.g., spinal cord stimulators). Purely mechanical prosthetic devices such as hip implants and assistive devices that are not worn such as wheelchairs are also not covered.
The market projections do not include the cost of surgical procedures used to insert the devices, or rehabilitation or training of wearers in the use of their bionic device.
- An overview of the global market for bionics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021 and 2026.
- Segmentation of the market by device type and by region.
- Examine market opportunities for the bionics industry and the technologies.
- Description of the major types of bionic device, both commercial and developmental.
- Overview of the market drivers, restraints and trends.
- Profiles of companies related to the industry.
This report covers all types of bionic devices as defined above, but focuses on the following:
- Limbs and appendages (e.g., hands, feet, fingers).
- Abiomed Inc.
- Activelink Co. Ltd.
- Advanced Bionics Corp.
- Axosuits Srl
- Bae Systems Plc
- Bionx Medical Technologies Inc.
- B-Temia Inc.
- Bana Teknoloji
- Bionik Laboratories
- Bioservo Technologies AB
- Carmat S.A.
- Cleveland Fes Center
- COAPT Llc
- Cochlear Ltd.
- Cyberdyne Inc.
- Daewoo Shipbuilding And Marine Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Deka Research And Development
- (50+ Others)
Key Topics Covered:
4: Market Summary
5: Bionic Limbs
6: Bionic Hearts
7: Bionic Ears
8: Bionic Eyes
10: Regulatory And Legislative Issues
11: Vendor Profile
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/389hvc/bionic
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-market-for-bionic-devices-to-grow-at-a-cagr-of-152---drivers-restraints--trends---research-and-markets-300417612.html
SOURCE Research and Markets