LONDON, April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With the growing demand for energy worldwide, the market for energy storage has witnessed a boom in recent years. Devices that can store energy for using at a later time have developed rapidly to meet the rising requirement for energy. Companies and governments worldwide are facilitating the growth of energy storage devices owing to their capability of storing electricity more effectively and efficiently.
With fluctuating oil prices and falling oil reserves, governments are encouraging the development of energy storage devices. Such devices can be electrical, mechanical and even electrochemical. Batteries, fuel cells, flywheels, ultracapacitors and many other options are being used as energy storage devices. Fuelling this growth further is the fact that these devices are majorly environmentally friendly and lead to less pollution. By 2022, the global market for energy storage devices is expected to reach nearly $30 billion in revenues.
Taiyou Research analyzes the global market for energy storage devices in this research report: Global Market for Energy Storage Forecast - Opportunities, Trends and Challenges 2014-2022. The report covers the following:
- An introduction to energy storage devices, what they are and the various types of energy storage devices available today. We segment the devices according to electrical energy storage devices, mechanical energy storage devices, electrochemical energy storage devices and other types of energy storage devices. The growth in the global market for energy storage and the fact that these technologies are environmentally friendly are analyzed in the section.
- An analysis of the global market for energy storage through industry overview & statistics, industry size by industry value and industry segmentation.
- An analysis of fuel cells as energy storage devices is carried out through an industry overview & statistics, industry size, industry revenues, industry segmentation by overall market, by end use applications and by geography is included. Regulatory framework by countries and factors impacting the global market for fuel cells as energy storage devices are analyzed. Major players active in the market are looked at.
- An analysis of flywheels as energy storage devices is carried out through an industry overview, industry size through revenues, industry segmentation, industry growth drivers and industry challenges. Major players active in the market are also looked at.
- An analysis of next generation batteries or advanced batteries as energy storage devices is carried out through an industry overview, industry size, industry revenues, industry segmentation by types of batteries such as Lithium Ion, Nickel Cadmium and others, segmentation by end use applications and geography is also included. Regulatory framework by countries is explored along with industry growth drivers and industry challenges. Major players in the market are also analyzed.
- An analysis of pumped storage as energy storage devices is carried out through industry overview, industry size, industry segmentation and factors impacting the industry. In pumped storage we analyze the market of global pumped storage hydropower.
- Ultracapacitors as energy storage devices are also analyzed in this report through an industry overview, industry size, industry revenues in USD million, industry segmentation by end use application & geography along with overall market segmentation. Factors impacting the market for ultracapacitors as energy storage devices are also analyzed.
- Industry growth drivers and challenges facing the global energy storage devices market are analyzed.
- Major industry players such as Active Power, Ballard Power Systems, BYD Company, FuelCell Energy, Hydrogenics Corporation, VYCON and others are analyzed through a company profile, financial analysis and a SWOT analysis.
- The data contained in the report ranges from the year 2008 till 2022, with current market data analyzed from 2014.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2855276/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48