DUBLIN, March 7, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "The Global Market for Quantum Dots to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Quantum Dots (QDs) are THE nanotechnology success story to date.
Since their synthesis over 30 years ago, QDs have featured in a range of optoelectronic devices, including TVs and displays, light-emitting devices (LEDs), solar cells, photodiodes, thermoelectrics, photoconductors and field-effect transistors, while QD solutions have been used in a number of in vivo and in vitro imaging, sensing and labelling techniques.
The global quantum dots (QD) based products market will be potentially valued at more than $35 billion by 2030. The optoelectronics market represents the vast majority of this figure, chiefly High Definition TVs-QLED-TVs.
TV displays still dominate the end user segment for QD-based products with a fast growing market for QD monitors. The use of QDs in solar conversion windows is also being heavily backed this year with a number of companies developing prototypes and funding multi-million dollar investments. The price of large QD-TVs is also falling.
The market is moving towards more advanced application of quantum dots in TVs with major producers, especially Samsung developing technologies beyond Quantum Dot Enhancement Film (QDEF) such as:
- QD Glass on LGP.
- Quantum dot colour filters (QDCF) for microLEDS and displays.
- Active Matrix Quantum-dot Light Emitting Diode (AMQLED).
Other notable growth markets include solar windows, lighting, sensors and anti-counterfeiting.
This 215 page analysis report on the quantum dots market is now in its 12th edition (First edition 2009). Contents include:
- QD types, properties and production methods.
- Changing market dynamics in the quantum dots market.
- New market areas including QD Colour Filters and Solar Window Coatings.
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis.
- Quantum dots application roadmap.
- Regional analysis.
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value.
- Revenue estimates for quantum dots market to 2030.
- Recent industry trends and developments.
- Competitive landscape.
- Regulatory issues.
- Strategies of key players and products offered.
- Market revenues forecasts to 2030 and historical figures from 2013.
- Markets covered: TV displays and smartphone displays, solar cells, security tags, security inks, sensors, quantum dot lasers, quantum dot transistors, photonic crystals, bio-imaging, quantum dot solar windows, biomarkers, solid-material-based memory, thermoelectric materials, quantum dot computers, artificial photosynthesis and light emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Market assessment in QLED TVs and displays, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in LED lighting, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in biotechnology and medicine, including market drivers, commercialization ,market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in security and anti-counterfeiting, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in sensors, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- 75 company profiles.
Additions from previous editions include:
- Expanded regional analysis, especially for Asia.
- New sections covering Micro-LEDs, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), composites
- Latest developments in QD-OLED screens.
- Expanded company profiles.
- 13 additional company profiles.
- Recent developments in quantum dot production by large chemical companies.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Scope And Methodology
1.1 Report scope
1.2 Market definition
1.3 Research methodology
1.4 Assumptions and limitations
1.5 Primary research
1.6 Secondary research
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Growth in high definition TV demand
2.1.1 QD advantages and definition of QLED
220.127.116.11 QLEDs/QD - OLEDs
2.2 Market growth since 2013
2.3 QD - TVs market
2.4 The Quantum Dot market in 2019
2.5 Cadmium vs. cadmium free
2.5.1 Cadmium QDs
2.5.2 Cadmium - free QDs
2.5.3 European commission ban use of cadmium in TVs and displays
2.5.4 Perovskite quantum dots
2.5.5 Graphene quantum dots
2.6 Quantum Dot Revenues 2015-2030
2.7 Market drivers and trends
2.8 Market challenges
3 Quantum Dots
3.3.1 Cadmium Selenide, Cadmium Sulfide and other materials
3.3.2 Cadmium free quantum dots
3.3.3 Graphene quantum dots
3.3.4 Carbon quantum dots(CQds)
3.3.5 Quantum rods
4 Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
5 Quantum Dots Industry Analysis
5.1 Quantum dots market dynamics
5.2 Market growth accelerators and inhibitors
5.3 Competitive analysis
5.3.1 Market Share Analysis
5.3.2 Opportunity Matrix Analysis
5.3.3 Key Players
5.3.4 Licensing, collaborations and partnerships
5.4 Supply chain
6 Quantum Dots Regulations
6.1.1 Cadmium exemption in TVs and lighting
6.1.2 August 2017 ruling
6.2 United States
6.2.1 Low Volume Exemption (LVE)
6.2.2 New Chemicals Program
7 Market Segment Analysis, By End User Market
7.1 Revenues 2013-2030
7.2 Production and prices
7.3 Market for quantum dots, by region
7.3.1 The market in Asia
7.3.2 The market in North America
7.3.3 The market in Europe
8 Quantum Dots In LCD TVs/Displays
8.1 Market drivers and trends
8.2.1 LCDS vs. OLEDs vs. QD - LCDs/QLEDs
8.2.2 QD - LCD TVs/QLEDs
8.2.3 Micro - LEDs
8.2.4 Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual reality(VR)
8.3 Synthesis and manufacturing
8.3.1 Integration into LCDs
8.3.2 Types of QD displays and materials used
18.104.22.168 On - edge (edge optic)
22.214.171.124 On - surface (film)
126.96.36.199 QD colour filter (QDF)
188.8.131.52 On - chip
184.108.40.206 Active Matrix Quantum - dot Light Emitting Diode(AMQLED)
220.127.116.11 Quantum dot electroluminescence
18.104.22.168 QD Glass LGP
22.214.171.124 Quantum dot/OLED hybrid
126.96.36.199 Quantum rods
188.8.131.52 Quantum converters with red phosphors
184.108.40.206 Electroluminescent (EL)QD displays
8.3.3 Flexible displays
220.127.116.11 Inkjet printed QD displays
18.104.22.168 Flexible LCDs
22.214.171.124 Flexible OLEDs (FOLED)
126.96.36.199 Flexible AMOLED
188.8.131.52 Flexible electrophoretic displays
184.108.40.206 Flexible QLEDs
8.4 QD - LCD products
8.4.1 Commercialization timeline for quantum dot display products
8.5 Industry and research developments 2013-2019
8.6 Global market for quantum dots in TVs and displays
8.6.1 OLED market
8.6.2 QD-OLED screens
8.6.3 QD-TV unit sales 2016-2030
8.6.4 QD Monitor Unit sales 2015-2030
8.7 Quantum dot TV and display companies
9 Quantum Dots In Photovoltaics
9.1 Market drivers and trends
9.2.1 Nanomaterials in solar cells
9.2.2 Advantages of quantum dots in photovoltaics
9.2.3 Types of quantum dot solar cells
220.127.116.11 Metalsemiconductor/ Schottky QD junction solar cell
18.104.22.168 Silicon/QD Film Hydrid Solar Cells
22.214.171.124 Silicon/Graphene QD Film Hydrid Solar Cells
126.96.36.199 Depleted-heterojunction QD solar cell
188.8.131.52 QD-sensitized solar cells (QDSSC)
184.108.40.206 Quantum dot solar windows
9.3 Market challenges
9.4 Industry and research developments 2013-2019
9.5 Global market for quantum dots in photovoltaics
9.6 Quantum dot photovoltaics companies
10 Quantum Dots In LED Lighting
10.1 Market drivers and trends
10.2.1 LED lighting
10.2.2 Horticultural lighting
10.3 Market challenges
10.4 Industry and research developments 2013-2019
10.5 Global market for quantum dots in LED lighting
10.6 Quantum dot lighting companies
11 Quantum Dots In Biotechnology And Medicine
11.1 Market drivers and trends
11.2.1 Imaging and diagnostics
220.127.116.11 Photodynamic therapy
11.2.2 Drug delivery
11.3 Market challenges
11.4 Global market for quantum dots in biotechnology and medicine
11.4.1 Imaging and diagnostics
11.4.2 Drug delivery
11.5 Quantum dot biotechnology and medicine companies
12 Quantum Dots In Security And Anti-Counterfeiting
12.1 Market drivers and trends
12.3 Global market size for quantum dots in security and anti-counterfeiting
12.4 Quantum dot security and anti-counterfeiting Companies
13 Quantum Dots In Sensors
13.1 Market drivers and trends
13.2.1 Food sensors
13.2.2 Chemical and gas sensors
13.2.4 Image sensors
13.3 Global market size for quantum dots in sensors
13.4 Market challenges
13.5 Quantum dot sensor companies
14 Other Markets
14.3 QD Lasers
14.6 Quantum computing
14.7 Hydrogen production
15 Quantum Dot Company Profiles (75 Company Profiles)
Companies Mentioned (Partial List)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cg2w8j/global_market_for?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets