DUBLIN, June 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Home Healthcare Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Equipment (Therapeutic, Diagnostic), by Services (Skilled Home Healthcare Services, Unskilled Home Healthcare Services), by Region and Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global home healthcare market size is anticipated to reach USD 515.6 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 7.9%. This growth can be attributed to cost-efficiency, improved patient outcomes, and convenience offered by home healthcare agencies. In addition, a rising geriatric population and growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as Alzheimer's, dementia, and orthopedic conditions, is expected to drive market growth. As per the Population Reference Bureau data updated in June 2019, the number of people aged 65 years and above was 52 million in 2018 and is projected to double by 2060 to reach 95 million. The World Health Organization (WHO) statistics state that there are around 50 million dementia patients in the world with 10 million new cases getting added every year. This number is expected to reach 82 million by 2030.
The elderly population is expected to outnumber the children population in the span, which is a demographic shift and poses to be a public health challenge. Besides, maintenance and establishment of hospitals and other healthcare settings need high capital investment. Some of the healthcare solutions providers are following merger and acquisition strategy to enter the market, in order to provide cost-effective service and leverage the expertise of the merged or acquired firm. Also, shifting trends toward in-home healthcare services for patients to avoid hospital stay is another key factor driving home healthcare market growth. In the past several years, the number of nursing facilities has reduced, while the in-home nursing programs have doubled.
Home Healthcare Market Report Highlights
- Services dominated the component segment in 2019 attributed to the growing demand for skilled nurse in-home healthcare for services like physical and occupational therapy
- Growing demand for the skilled nurses at home for rehabilitation service, wound dressings, tube feedings, and maintaining stable patient health drive the growth of this segment. Mainly, patients suffering major trauma due to accidents or those suffering from strokes opt for rehabilitation services for improving their way of talking, walking, and feeding themselves all over again
- Key manufacturers operating in the market are Medline Industries, Inc., McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc., Medtronic Plc, Baxter International Inc., Becton, Dickinson And Company, Cardinal Health, and GE Healthcare
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Objective
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Outlook
2.2 Segment Outlook
2.3 Competitive Insights
2.4 Home Healthcare Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Home Healthcare Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.2 Market Segmentation
3.3 User Perspective Analysis
3.4 Business Segment Trends
3.5 Penetration and Growth Prospect Mapping
3.6 Market Dynamics
3.7 Business Environment Analysis Tools
3.8 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis
Chapter 4 Home Healthcare Market: Component Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Segment Dashboard
4.2 Home Healthcare Market: Component Movement Analysis, USD Million, 2019 & 2027
Chapter 5 Home Healthcare Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Regulatory & Political Forces
Chapter 7 Reimbursement Outlook
Chapter 8 Competitive & Vendor Landscape
Chapter 9 Recommendations
Chapter 10 Research Methodology & Scope
Chapter 11 Report FAQs
Chapter 12 Appendix
Chapter 13 Compass - Cloud Based Report Delivery Platform
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Sunrise Medical
- 3M Healthcare
- Baxter International Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Air Liquide
- Amedisys, Inc.
- NxStage Medical, Inc. (Fresenius Medical Care)
- Arkray, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Omron Healthcare, Inc.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- GE Healthcare
- Medline Industries, Inc
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Hill-Rom, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Linde Healthcare
- Teleflex, Inc.
- Moog Inc.
- Intersurgical Ltd.
- Fresenius Kabi AG.
- Bayer HealthCare
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- Almost Family, Inc.
- National HealthCare Corporation
- Chubb Fire & Security Pty Ltd
- Gentiva Health Services, Inc.
- Medco Home Healthcare, Inc.
- Brookdale Senior Living Solutions
- Sunrise Carlisle, LP (Sunrise Senior Living, LLC)
- Genesis Healthcare, Inc.
- Extendicare, Inc.
- Capital Senior Living Corporation
- Diversicare Healthcare Services, Inc.
- Home Instead, Inc.
- Senior Care Centers of America
- Atria Senior Living, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ha4z44
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets