DUBLIN, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Medical Waste Management Market Analysis By Services (Onsite: Collection, Recycling, Treatment; Offsite: Collection, Recycling, Treatment), By Treatment (Incineration, Autoclaving, Chemical), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global medical waste management market is expected to reach USD 33.4 billion by 2025
The development of innovative manufacturing techniques in pharmaceuticals, medical devices is growing with rapid pace. The rise in hospitals, multispecialty clinics and diagnostic centers that require large number of inventories for day to day functioning is also leading to generation of more waste. Thus, overall growth in healthcare industry coupled with rising patient population requiring prolong medical and surgical aid is fueling the market growth.
Rapid growth in initiatives by government to support and raise funds in effective waste management is anticipated to drive the market growth. These programs are conducted for creating awareness regarding the importance of systems for proper waste disposal. Additionally, taking steps to set standards and guidelines for the same is anticipated to propel the market growth.
The medical waste management involves high capital investment for managing hazardous by-products and disposal of infectious material. This disposal and recycling processes are associated with release of hazardous gases and compounds which may disturb the ecosystem and are likely to affect the industry growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The growing prevalence of infectious and chronic diseases coupled with overall growth of healthcare industry is augmenting the market growth
- Most of the waste disposal treatments are performed offsite, however, to save cost and holding time, onsite treatment sites are expected to grow over the forecast period
- The incineration segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2016 however, other sophisticated non-incineration processes that are ecofriendly are projected to replace traditional incinerators
- In 2016, North America dominated the global space with the largest revenue share of over 32.0% owing to growing healthcare industry and development of innovative techniques for disposal of material
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region during the forecast period, mainly due to growing social awareness regarding effective disposal and recycling.
- Major players competing in the industry include but are not limited to Remondis Medison GmbH; Republic Services, Inc.; Sharp Compliance, Inc.; Stericycle, Inc.; Suez Environment, Inc.; Veolia Environment S.A.; Waste Management, Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
3 Medical Waste Management Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market driver analysis
184.108.40.206 Growing government initiatives
220.127.116.11 Technological advancement leading to non-incineration techniques
18.104.22.168 Overall growing healthcare industry
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
22.214.171.124 Large companies face stiff competition from small-sized local vendor
126.96.36.199 Lack of stringent of regulations for medical waste management in developing countries.
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Medical Waste Management Market - PESTLE Analysis
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.5 Medical Waste Management Market: Type of Waste Estimates, Percent Share Analysis
4 Medical Waste Management Market: Services Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Medical Waste Management Market: Services movement analysis
4.2.3 Treatment & disposal services
4.2.3 Recycling services
4.3.2 Collection, transportation, storage services
4.3.3 Treatment & disposal services
4.3.4 Recycling services
5 Medical Waste Management Market: Treatment Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Medical Waste Management Market: Treatment Movement Analysis
5.4 Chemical Treatment
6 Medical Waste Management Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Drug Class and Application
7 Competitive Landscape
- Remondis Medison GmbH
- Republic Services, Inc.
- Stericycle, Inc.
- Suez Environment S.A
- Veolia Environment S.A.
- Waste Management, Inc.
- Sharp Compliance, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7x4cfz/medical_waste
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-medical-waste-management-market-analysis-by-services-treatment-and-segment-forecasts-2025---technological-advancement-leading-to-non-incineration-techniques---research-and-markets-300457329.html
SOURCE Research and Markets