DUBLIN, Nov. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets as announced the addition of the "Global Medium/Heavy-Duty OEM Trucks and Tier 1 Components" report to their offering.
This report provides a detailed analysis of the global market for 13 key medium- and heavy-duty truck OEMs (Classes 4 through 8) and 18 of their key Tier 1 component suppliers, as well as the competitive environment in which they operate.
Topics include global, regional and major country production volumes and values; prices; market shares; the competitive environment; and mid- and long-range forecasts. In addition, there are in-depth discussions of issues facing the industry, such as profitability and growth strategies, product mixes, new technologies, aftermarket services, service revenues, current and emerging markets, value chains, restructuring, R&D, and financial performance, among others.
Extensive profiles of 31 public companies involved in the production of medium- and heavy-duty trucks and components are presented. Illustrations include 81 tables and 140 figures.
Medium- and heavy-duty trucks represent a $231 billion global market, growing 8.8% annually in volume and 9.1% in value.
The Asia-Pacific Region is dominant, with 48% of 2014 global production value. The Chinese market is the largest in the world but is dominated by low-cost, locally produced vehicles that offer basic, less sophisticated technology than their Western counterparts. However a huge opportunity exists in China if the adoption of Western technology escalates, as has happened in Russia. Japanese OEMs still only have mid-tier status but environmental regulations bode well for their growth by virtue of their engine technologies.
The fastest growth market is NAFTA; Europe and Asia Pacific are projected to grow at slower rates.
The report can be put to immediate use for sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
Key Topics Covered:
- Report Objectives
- Truck Classifications
- Component Classifications
- Scope of Coverage
- Methodology and Sources
- Statistical Notes
MEDIUMAND HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK MARKET
- Global Market Overview
- Global Market Value, Volume, Average Selling Price
- Global Market Value by Region
- Global Market Volume by Region
- Global Market Price by Region
- Asia-Pacific Market
- China Market
- China Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- China's Low Truck Penetration Rate
- China Truck Export Potential and the Beneficiaries
- China Heavy-Duty Truck Production
- China Heavy-Duty Truck Engine Market
- Leading China Truck Producers' In-House Engine Production Capacity
- China Heavy Duty Truck Producer Market Shares
- Engine Procurement Practices at Major Chinese Heavy-Duty Truck Producers
- Other HDT Producers Procurement Practices
- Heavy-Duty Truck Engine Value Chain
- Weichai's Market Position
- NAFTA Market
- NAFTA Class 8 Builds
- NAFTA Class 8 Production Outlook and Margins
- NAFTA Class 6 and Class 7 Builds
- NAFTA Class 8 Engine Shipments
- NAFTA Class 8 Transmission Shipments
- North America Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Producer Market Shares
- U.S. Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Canada Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Mexico Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Mexico Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Producer Market Shares
- Europe Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Western Europe Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Western Europe Class 8 Truck Transmission Market
- Western Europe Class 6 and 7 Truck Transmission Market
- ROW Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Japan Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Japan Market Growth Accelerating
- Japan Truck Capacities
- Japan Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Producers
- Environmental Regulations Favor Japanese Trucks
- Japan Post Bubble Truck Sales
- Japan Truck Restructuring
- Japan Truck Sales Dropped 20%
- Japan Bottom
- Capacity of Japan Coachbuilders Limited
- After-Services Are Critical
- Japan Market Shares Are Stable
- Japan Truck Producer Market Shares
- India Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Brazil Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Russia Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Market
- Russia Mediumand Heavy-Duty Truck Producer Market Shares
- Alcoa Inc.
- Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc.
- Apollo Tyres Ltd
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Brembo S.p.A.
- Bridgestone Corporation
- CNHTC Jinan Truck Co., Ltd.
- China Zenix Auto International Limited
- Clean Diesel Technologies Inc.
- Commercial Vehicle Group, Inc.
- Continental Aktiengesellschaft
- Cummins Inc.
- Daimler AG
- Dana Holding Corporation
- Delphi Automotive Plc
- Eicher Motors Limited
- Hino Motors Ltd.
- Kamaz OAO
- MAN SE
- Meritor, Inc.
- Michelin SCA
- Modine Manufacturing Company
- Navistar International Corporation
- Oshkosh Corporation
- PACCAR Inc
- Scania AB
- Sinotruk (Hong Kong) Limited
- Tata Motors
- WABCO Holdings Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3gtmwz/global
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets