The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Methanol in Thousand Tons by the following End-Use Segments: Formaldehyde, Acetic Acid, Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether, Dimethyl Ether, Gasoline Blending/Combustion Biofuels, and Others.
Company profiles are primarily based on public domain information including company URLs.
The report profiles 82 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Saudi Arabia)
Statoil ASA (Norway)
Key Topics Covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW A Primer Global Market Overview Improving Economy Buoys Optimism for Methanol Market Developing Regions Charge Ahead in Methanol Production China The Largest Methanol Producing Nation Overcapacity Looms Large Over Methanol Industry Pricing Scenario Major End-Use Markets: An Overview Formaldehyde Production: The Largest Methanol End-Use Category MTO/MTP: The Fastest Growing End-use Segment for Methanol Gasoline Blending/Combustion Biofuels A Significant Growth Driver MTBE/TAME: Environmental Regulations Affect Demand Acetic Acid: A Key Derivative of Methanol Methanol Carbonylation The Predominant Acetic Acid Manufacturing Process Acetic Acid Capacity Expansions to Bode Well for Methanol Demand Marine Fuel: A New and Emerging Application of Methanol Competitive Scenario
2. MARKET TRENDS & ISSUES Chemical Intermediates Lose Share to Energy Applications Diverse Feedstock Makes Methanol a Desired Source of Fuel Methanol Generates a New Wave of Interest as Alternative Fuel Government Measures to Drive Adoption of Methanol Blended Gasoline DME A Rising Star in Global Energy Arena Methanol and Ethanol: Significant Substitutes for Fuel in the Shipping Industry Lower Emissions to Boost Usage of Methanol in Shipping Industry SUMMETH Study Focuses on Use of Methanol as a Fuel for Smaller Vessels Methanol Production from CO2 Recycling Directives Aid Renewable Methanol Market Select Renewable Fuel Regulations High Production Costs Hamper Bio-methanol Growth China Spearheads Global MTO Market Fuel Cells An Untapped Goldmine Methanol Fuel Cells: A Steady Progress Methanol to See Higher Demand in Fuel Applications Energy Sector The Key Demand Driver for Biomethanol Concerns over First Generation Biofuels Extend Opportunity for Biomethanol Shale Gas Discoveries Disrupt Worldwide Petrochemical Market
3. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Physical and Chemical Properties Methanol Manufacturing Process Feed Purification Reforming Methanol Synthesis Methanol Purification Methods of Preparing Methanol Low Pressure Gas-Solid Phase Method Liquid Phase Synthetic Method Pasty Bed Technique Liquid Complexation Catalyzing Method Methane Oxidation Method Biomethanol Synthesis Advantages of Methanol Low Pollution Fuel Supply Options Fire Safety High Performance Cost Effective Myriad Application Areas Methanol Fuel and Chemical Uses Environmental Issues and Regulations End Use-Segments Formaldehyde Acetic Acid Chemical and Physical Properties Grades Hazards Methyl Tert Butyl Ether DME Alternative Fuels Other End-Use Segments Methyl Methacrylate Dimethyl Terephthalate Methylamines Chloromethanes Methanol-to-Olefins/Methanol-to-Propylene (MTO/MTP) Solvents and Others
4. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY World's Largest Methanol Plant Receives Approval from Cowlitz County (USA) BioMCN Receives Subsidy for Investing in a Novel Method of Producing Bio-Methanol (The Netherlands) MHTL plans to idle 25% of its total capacity (Trinidad & Tobago) Innogy Launches Green Methanol Project Sojitz Acquires 100% Shares of Solvadis Holding (Luxembourg) Methanol Holdings Trinidad Limited (MHTL) Partners with G2X Energy, Inc. for Constructing a Facility to Convert Methanol to Automotive Gasoline (USA) Industry Welcomes First Ever Ocean-Going Vessels Capable of Running on Methanol (Canada) Bilfinger Secures a 100M Contract for Construction of the Natgasoline Methanol Plant in Beaumont, Texas (USA) Primus Green Energy Inc., Announces a Plan for Launching Methanol Plant Project in the Marcellus shale region (USA) U.S. Methanol Plans to Develop Two Methanol Producing Plants in West Virginia (USA) Socar Initiates Buying Process of AzMeCo's methanol plant ( Azerbaijan) Primus Green Energy Plans to Convert Low-Cost Marcellus Gas into Methanol (USA) G2X Energy Inc Acquires 50 Percent Stake in Natgasoline Methanol Plant (USA) Methanex Initiates Methanol Production from Geismar 2 Methanol Plant Mitsui & Co., Ltd. Commences Methanol Production in its Joint- Venture, Fairway Methanol LLC, (USA) OCI N.V. Reaches Agreement for Acquiring BioMCN (The Netherlands) CF Industries Holdings Merges with Rival OCI Mitsubishi Signs Agreement for Constructing a Methanol and Dimethyl Ether Plant in Trinidad and Tobago (Spain)
5. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
6. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 82 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 88)