LONDON, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Asia-Pacific and the Middle East are Set to Boost Demand
This study analyses the global market for military batteries. It includes revenue forecast, pricing trends, market trends, opportunities, and competitive overview for the period 2009–2017. The analysis is analysed through two segments; it is categorised by battery chemistry and by end-user application. Geographic region segmentation includes North America, South America and Central America (Americas); Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia-Pacific (APAC). Key drivers and restraints, along with the military programmes that drive the demand for batteries, are discussed in detail in this study.
• Military battery market growth is driven by government policies and budget spending allocated for a year.
• Demand is from military original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and from the defence department or ministry of defence, the government entity that replaces the worn out existing battery.
• Overall, the demand for lead acid battery is high, followed by lithium-ion and primary lithium. Niche chemistries, such as silver zinc or thermal batteries, are used in specific equipment, with steady contribution.
• With a well-established market structure, the United States is the largest contributor; it accounts for more than 50% of the demand.
• High growth potential is expected from Asia-Pacific and Middle East region, with emerging economies and the need for strong military force.
• Equipment used for communication, surveillance, man portable devices, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and unmanned grounded vehicles (UGVs) are the key end-user applications that largely contribute to battery demand, followed by the demand for land vehicles and aircraft equipment.
• Globally, this market is cyclic in nature, to adapt with the government's spending budget. Hence, growth is likely to be low for the next couple of years, before it regains in 2015.
1. Growth is largely expected from Asia-Pacific and Middle East region, while the revenue contribution from the US would be the highest.
2. The demand from UAVs and man portable devices is expected to increase, while demand from backup application would remain strong.
3. High energy density with light weight and high efficiency remains the key criteria for military batteries.
4. Declining defence budgets have long-term impact on the demand for OEM batteries.
5. OEM distribution channel is likely to remain the key revenue contribution, while direct sales (as replacement market) is likely to witness growth.
Geographic Coverage: Global
Study Period: 2009–2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
• The study discusses the potential for batteries used in military applications; it includes defence, aerospace and naval applications.
• The global military battery market is segmented by battery chemistry, end-user application, and geographic region.
• Revenue is defined as manufacturers earnings on shipping a battery on a particular year. Revenue from service and other value-added enhancements are not considered.
• Revenue for lithium-ion batteries is derived from the battery pack manufacturer shipping these batteries, and not just a lithium-ion cell manufacturer supplying cells to battery pack assemblers.
• Battery chemistries include lead acid, nickel-based (nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride), primary lithium, lithium-ion, and others (e.g., alkaline, silver zinc, zinc-air)
• Communication and surveillance equipment
• Ground Vehicles
• Americas includes North America, South America and Central American countries.
• EMEA includes Western, Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey, CIS countries, Russia, Middle East and African countries.
• Asia-Pacific includes South, Southeast and Central Asian countries, and Oceanic coUntries (including Australia and New Zealand).
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
What is the role of emerging economies in the demand for military batteries?
Which military application creates a significant demand for batteries?
What are the latest military equipment technologies? How do they affect the military battery market?
Do the military batteries supplied meet the requirement or is additional development needed?
How important is the military equipment market to battery vendors?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Military Battery Market
• Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Lead-acid Battery Segment Breakdown
5. Nickel-based Battery Segment Breakdown
6. Lithium-ion Battery Segment Breakdown
7. Lithium Battery Segment Breakdown
8. Other Battery Segment Breakdown
9. Aircraft End-User Application Segment Breakdown
10. Communication and Surveillance Equipment End-user Application Segment Breakdown
11. Ground Vehicles End-user Application Segment Breakdown
12. Other End-user Applications Segment Breakdown
13. Americas Breakdown
14. EMEA Breakdown
15. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
16. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Global Military Battery Market