NEW YORK, Aug. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global military unmanned maritime systems (UMS) market is experiencing significant growth and investment; however, funding has been, and continues to be, focused on research, development, and testing of unmanned maritime platforms and enabling technologies. Similar to the unmanned aircraft market, UMS technologies are advancing faster than Moore's Law resulting in lower costs and lower barriers to market entry for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) platforms that can perform various military applications.
Global defense contractors must continue to invest in synergistic partnerships and/or strategic acquisitions, especially with commercial companies that specialize in software development, sensors, and other COTS products, to maintain an edge over competitors in an increasingly crowded market. Overall, this study provides a wealth of information about current and future trends that will shape tomorrow's military UMS capabilities, investments, and overall market structure.
The global military UMS market size is based on the 2017 President's budget (PB) for the US and estimated for other countries using a forecast model based on military budgets and several influencing variables.
Estimates and competitive landscape information includes:
• Factors driving demand for unmanned maritime systems
• Factors restraining demand for unmanned maritime systems
• Unmanned maritime systems market trends
• Unmanned maritime systems contract obligations and awards by market segment
• Leading defense contractors and programs in each unmanned maritime systems market segment
• Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) evaluations of the leading companies in the market
• Perspectives on various market issues that provide insights for executive level decision-making
Questions this study will answer:
• Is the global military UMS market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate will it grow?
• What segments, programs, and services make up the market?
• What are the most significant drivers, restraints, and trends?
• What companies are leading the global military UMS market and in which segments?
• What are the top programs in the global military UMS market?
• What technologies will be emphasized as the market continues to mature?
This study also contains an evaluation of significant growth opportunities within the global military UMS market based on trends and supported by a collection of market insights. Strategic imperatives, for executives to consider when deciding whether to act on the listed growth opportunities, are highlighted as well.
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001