LONDON, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Geographic coverage Global
Study period 2015–2021
Base year 2015
Forecast period 2016–2021
Monetary unit US dollars
- This research reviews the global missile defense market as it pertains to theater-level operations and does not include anti-ship or tactical missile/rocket defense systems.
- Market sizes are based on unclassified sources and do not reflect the actual size of the market composed of classified contracts. Many countries do not publish contract details concerning MDS as
they consider such transactions to be sensitive information.
- The primary data used to determine market sizes and segmentation is US defense contract information and foreign military sales (FMS) data. Other open source information utilized to determine market data include company Web sites, financial statements where available, official government announcements, defense journals, and media publications.
- Company financials used to determine market share may not reflect the exact standing because of the variances of annual reporting periods used by different countries.
Data obtained concerning companies engaged as either partners or primary participants on projects or sales will be addressed. However, without a reference to estimate contract value or money exchanged,
they will be excluded from market measurements within this research.
- Spending figures cited within this research refer to initial contract values awarded to companies; therefore, values are not a direct reflection of actual funds obligated.
- The US fiscal year 2015 (October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015) is used as the base year for this research because it served to be the most data comprehensive in regards to contracts and budget
forecasts. Budget cycles vary in other countries, and defense budgets are seldom released to the public; therefore, every effort has been made to capture global data within the set timeframe.
- The regions covered include Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, the Middle East, and North America (predominately the United States). China, North Korea, and Russia are excluded because military sales
generated by these countries cannot be substantiated.
- Revenue for this research is defined in terms of sales, contract values, and company financial statements. In the case of company financial statements, however, the analyst's best effort was applied
to isolate how much revenue was attributed to missile defense.
- For the purpose of this research, a missile defense unit is defined as a system comprising a missile, launcher, and associated radars. Contracts, media announcements, and other reporting concerning
MDS purchased or sold are seldom detailed; therefore, isolated unit market measurements are not included within this research.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4062667/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48