DUBLIN, August 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Size & Forecast By Application (Oncology, Reproductive Health), By Technology (Targeted Sequencing), By Workflow (Data Analysis), By end-use (Academic & Clinical Research), And Trend Analysis, 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global next generation sequencing market is anticipated to reach USD 21.4 billion by 2025
Increasing coverage of NGS is expected to drive use of precision medicine in oncology from research based setting to clinical cancer setting. Commercial payers are also engaged in reviewing the existing and novel tests in order to establish appropriate medical necessity criteria for their clinical and medical policies.
Moreover, improved understanding of the genetic markers of virulence and resistance provided by next generation sequencing is expected to drive demand of the technology in infectious disease diagnosis.
Further Key Findings from the Report suggest:
- Oncology accounted for the dominant share owing to phase-resolved and unambiguous results obtained by using single assay systems, and analysis program.
- Targeted resequencing dominated the market owing to its associated benefits such as implementation of the technique such as lower turnaround time and more manageable data sets.
- Academic usage of NGS accounted for the largest share with respect to market revenue by end uses and is anticipated to maintain its dominance.
- Higher adoption of this technology and platforms in university projects is expected to support the estimated share.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to expected routing of a considerable portion of whole genome sequencing requirements herein.
- Key players operating in the NGS market include Illumina Inc., Agilent Technologies, BGI, Pacific Biosciences, Qiagen, Roche, Thermo Fischer Scientific, and Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd.
- Endeavors adopted by participants are such as acquisition of Enzymatics by Qiagen acquired solutions in order to enhance the product portfolio with respect to reagents needed in preparatory steps.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology & Scope
2 Executive Summary
3 Next Generation Sequencing Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market Driver Analysis
184.108.40.206 Exponentially decreasing costs for genetic sequencing
220.127.116.11 Development of companion diagnostics and personalized medicine
18.104.22.168 Rise in competition amongst prominent market entities
22.214.171.124 Rising clinical opportunity for NGS technology
126.96.36.199 Introduction of technological advancements in cloud computing and data integration
188.8.131.52 Growing healthcare expenditure triggering development of effective PM diagnostic & therapeutic procedure for cancer
184.108.40.206 Increasing prevalence of cancer
3.1.2 Market Restraint Analysis
220.127.116.11 Lack of computational efficiency for data management
18.104.22.168 Non-value based NGS reimbursement policy and regulation status
22.214.171.124 Challenges associated with NGS implementation
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Applications, 2015
3.3 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Prominent Industry Players, 2015
3.4 Next Generation Sequencing Platform Positioning
3.4.1 Major Sequencing Platforms Compared - Applications
3.4.2 Major Sequencing Platforms Compared - Specifications
3.5 Next Generation Sequencing Platform Penetration Mapping, 2015
3.6 Next Generation Sequencing Company Market Share Analysis, 2015
3.7 Next Generation Sequencing Reimbursement Environment
3.7.1 Gap fill approach for reimbursement of NGS tests
3.7.2 Role of the commercial payers
126.96.36.199 Payer perspectives for developing coverage policy for Next Generation Tumor Sequencing Panels (NGTS)
3.7.3 Role of diagnostic laboratories and pathology centres
3.8 Next Generation Sequencing Regulatory Environment
3.9 Next Generation Sequencing - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic And Technological)
3.10 Industry Analysis - Porter's
4 Next Generation Sequencing Market Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Application Movement Analysis
4.3 Clinical Investigation
4.3.2 Infectious diseases
4.3.3 Inherited diseases
4.3.4 Idiopathic diseases
4.3.5 Non-communicable/other diseases
4.4 Reproductive Health
4.4.4 New-born/genetic screening
4.5 HLA Typing/Immune System Monitoring
4.6 Metagenomics, Epidemiology & Drug Development
4.7 Agrigenomics & Forensics
4.8 Consumer Genomics
5 Next Generation Sequencing Market Technology Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Technology Movement Analysis
5.2 Whole Genome Sequencing
5.3 Whole Exome Sequencing
5.4 Targeted Sequencing & Resequencing
5.4.2 DNA based targeted sequencing & resequencing
5.4.3 RNA based targeted sequencing & resequencing
6 Next Generation Sequencing Market Workflow Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Workflow Movement Analysis
6.2.2 NGS library preparation kits
6.2.3 NGS semi-automated library preparation
6.2.4 NGS automated library preparation
6.2.5 Clonal amplification
6.4 Data Analysis
6.4.2 NGS primary data analysis
6.4.3 NGS secondary data analysis
6.4.4 NGS tertiary data analysis
7 Next Generation Sequencing Market End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 Next Generation Sequencing Market: End-Use Movement Analysis
7.2 Academic Research
7.3 Clinical Research
7.4 Hospitals & Clinics
7.5 Pharma & Biotech Entities
7.6 Other Users
8 Next Generation Sequencing Market Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Service Type, Sector & Application
9 Competitive Landscape
- Illumina, Inc.
- Roche Sequencing (45Life Sciences)
- Agilent Technologies
- Tute Genomics
- Knome Inc.
- Genomatix GmbH
- GATC Biotech Ag
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Macrogen Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Life Technologies Corp.
- DNASTAR Inc.
- Biomatters Ltd.
- Qiagen NV
- CLC Bio
- Complete Genomics Incorporated
- Perkin Elmer, Inc.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc
- Partek, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Myriad Genetics
- Hologic, Inc. (Gen-Probe Incorporated)
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2d367q/next_generation
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets